Been In Denial About My Severe Hoh For About 25 Years

sean manny

Reaction score
Don't know how to put it in words but it feels good to associate here with people in the same boat. No longer in denial about my hearing until recently, and dont know why i ever was... Anyway, names Kyle, glad to be here, I'm really looking for substance on how people deal with similar hoh issues that is why I am here. I love engineering, piloting rc airplanes/drones, and fishing!

cooltext119704021693060_zpsbtttmwvj.gif

:welcome:, Kyle. I had progressively worsening hard-of-hearing for twenty years before I went totally deaf fifteen years ago.

My deaf older sister named me :yesway::yesway:, taught me ASL when I was little, and to be a proud and proactive :deaf:. I love all her wise guidance.

Chase :yesway::yesway:

Don't know how to put it in words but it feels good to associate here with people in the same boat. No longer in denial about my hearing until recently, and dont know why i ever was... Anyway, names Kyle, glad to be here, I'm really looking for substance on how people deal with similar hoh issues that is why I am here. I love engineering, piloting rc airplanes/drones, and fishing!
Welcome to All Deaf. I hope you are using ear protection when piloting RC airplanes and drones to protect the hearing you have left.

Welcome to All Deaf. I hope you are using ear protection when piloting RC airplanes and drones to protect the hearing you have left.
Yeah, I converted all my gear from gas engines to electric for that reason. Never considered wearing ear protection with the electric airplanes and drones, but I do like your idea and I might just start doing that!

Also thank you to everyone for the warm welcome, wish I could stay on top of my posts but have been traveling all over lol
-Kyle

Yeah, I converted all my gear from gas engines to electric for that reason. Never considered wearing ear protection with the electric airplanes and drones, but I do like your idea and I might just start doing that!
If you have an Iphone you can download an app that has a dB meter to see if your planes and drones are producing a harmful level of noise. Android phones probably have it too.

Back