Bebonang Back

Bebonang

Reaction score
Hi, everyone. I am back here on the AllDeaf Forum tonight. I had some personal problem of my own. I am staying at a small house (one room with the addition to the bathroom) which is near my sister's house on her property. I want to move to a Senior Apartment in the city of Santa Fe, New Mexico and already am on the waiting list since 2014. My husband had passed away last June 6th of 2012 which he was very sick with liver and other health issues. As my health is not better either, I was diagnosed that I have left breast Cancer for the second time. Got surgery last March 15 of 2016 to remove Cancer. Then in the Month of May (I mean whole month of May), I had to go to the city of Rio Rancho which is almost close to Albuquerque, New Mexico for Radiation Therapy, not chemotherapy. I had to stay at a hotel with the kitchen in Rio Rancho as it is hard to travel back and forth between Santa Fe and Rio Rancho. I also have to take Cancer medication after the Radiation therapy was finished. So I am pretty much all alone by myself and love to go on computer for games and other websites. I have almost forgotten about AllDeaf Forum. I thought I would give a try again. So I am not dead yet, still kicking and still alive, except I get tired easily. So I am okay. I hope to see some of the old members here after I went out of the forum. This Forum was different though but still keep the same threads that we had discussed about.

New Members, you have to remember this is a discussion board, not a personal chat. We are discussing about Deaf experiences and Deaf education including trying to get ASL interpreters for schools, Doctors, hospitals, Courts (law), and meetings at work or events, etc, etc. This is very important that we need ASL to help us understand what the hearing person said and also for us, Deafies, to communicate with each other. I am learning new things for me as a Deaf person as I am new to technologies that I did not know it exist. I can not believe that I have a new videophone and new iPad. I don't have smartphone. I thought I don't need one but my hearing niece want me to have a smartphone. I am just an old woman of 70 years old. Good grief. These technologies can drive a person crazy. **sigh**

Just letting you know I am back. Have a good evening. **wave**

Welcome back! I've missed you!

I'm sorry to hear about all of your health issues. I did know you had cancer a few years ago. But it came back? Wow. I hope you are able to stay healthy and get that apartment you are waiting for.

Hugs

Welcome back Bebonang!

Take your time to recover your health and drop by when you can. Having cancer is no fun to deal with.

Welcome back!
I was just wondering how you were doing. Take it easy and come back when you feel up to it.

keep-calm-and-welcome-back-to-work-we-missed-you-1.png

Welcome back! Take your time coming in here best you rest and recover. Good to hear from you :)

welcome back bebonang!!!
good see you!!
hope your health get better improve..

Welcome back! :wave: Have missed seeing your name around here! Hope you will be able to get into the Senior Apartments soon.

You aren't alone with the technologies. Dad didn't have a smart phone for years (preferred his $10 dollar flip phone). He had to upgrade recently and now has a smart phone from what I understand (I need to peek at it). He's not thrilled lol.

You aren't alone with the technologies. Dad didn't have a smart phone for years (preferred his $10 dollar flip phone). He had to upgrade recently and now has a smart phone from what I understand (I need to peek at it). He's not thrilled lol.

families-rotary_phone-telephone-generation_gap-technological_advances-social_network-mmln203_low.jpg

Back