Beagles...

:wave: Rum - love that name:)
a childhood friend of mine also had a Beagle.
They can be perky, fun little hounds, though they don't think they're little!

No problem, WDYS, I thought everyone would enjoy:wave:

:wave: Rum - love that name:)
a childhood friend of mine also had a Beagle.
They can be perky, fun little hounds, though they don't think they're little!

No problem, WDYS, I thought everyone would enjoy:wave:

We also had a German Shepherd named Gin too ! LOL! Our dad liked to drink so named our dogs after booze .

ahhh, maybe not the best memories for you - those names - but I was thinking in terms of, the name taken by itself.

Seems I used to see a lot more people with "pet" shep's than I do now.
I can only actually think of two that were regular "customers" of the store where I worked. One was a Black Shepherd, who came in with her goofy 1 year old pittie brother. I always enjoyed seeing both of them.

What color was Gin?

Awww Beagles!!

I adore the two my friend has :) (and interestingly both have food names...)

I think they lovely dogs but fox hunters go on about them hunting dogs not pets I sooo disagree as do most of population.It British fox hunting thing

ahhh, maybe not the best memories for you - those names - but I was thinking in terms of, the name taken by itself.

Seems I used to see a lot more people with "pet" shep's than I do now.
I can only actually think of two that were regular "customers" of the store where I worked. One was a Black Shepherd, who came in with her goofy 1 year old pittie brother. I always enjoyed seeing both of them.

What color was Gin?

4215831431_ca90769dda.jpg

He looked something like this. He had a scar on his nose when we got him. It looked someone whipped the poor dog . :( He wasn't little a puppy I guess he was about a few months old .

4215831431_ca90769dda.jpg

He looked something like this. He had a scar on his nose when we got him. It looked someone whipped the poor dog . :( He wasn't little a puppy I guess he was about a few months old .

You can't ever say anything positive?

You were asked about the color.

Instead we got, "He had a scar on his nose when we got him. It looked like someone whipped the poor dog."

And we wonder why people leave this forum ..... The constant stream of dead animals, birds, negativity, naming animals after booze.

Oh joy.

How people be so cruel to lovely dog like that,he happy now

How people be so cruel to lovely dog like that,he happy now

I had my dog when I was a child Gin dies along time ago. I know how can people abuse such beautiful animals . I have a small white mini poodle mix now. I would love to have a beagle again . They're really sweet dogs and fun too.

I 'm sure Gin was a beautiful dog, just like the dog in the pic.
Though I can logically state what the excuses might be for abusing, it's still hard to fathom or think about. One of the reasons I liked working in the pet supply shop was that most of the people who came in there really doted on their pets, loved being with them and getting special things for them.

In the U.S. most Beagles are companions, or for the show ring. I did see a tv program about the rare situations here of a few examples of Beagles still working in hunting packs. Most people here who run hounds have any of the Southern hunting hounds <Plott, Coonhhound etc>

Quite appropriate for a Beagle, to have food names:giggle:
they're not known for being picky.

I couldn't resist showing that vid to my hub. He's not big on Beagles <he likes pitties/bigger dogs and the working breeds> but thought it was pretty funny.

I 'm sure Gin was a beautiful dog, just like the dog in the pic.
Though I can logically state what the excuses might be for abusing, it's still hard to fathom or think about. One of the reasons I liked working in the pet supply shop was that most of the people who came in there really doted on their pets, loved being with them and getting special things for them.

In the U.S. most Beagles are companions, or for the show ring. I did see a tv program about the rare situations here of a few examples of Beagles still working in hunting packs. Most people here who run hounds have any of the Southern hunting hounds <Plott, Coonhhound etc>

Quite appropriate for a Beagle, to have food names:giggle:
they're not known for being picky.

I couldn't resist showing that vid to my hub. He's not big on Beagles <he likes pitties/bigger dogs and the working breeds> but thought it was pretty funny.

I met a Beagle named Hoover b/c he always had his nose to the ground like a vacuum cleaner. Now I am missing Rum . :(

The fox hunting brigade in uk said all beagles in hunt packs would be destroyed unless hunting brought back they say they not family pets which rediculus I know they good family dogs

I think they lovely dogs but fox hunters go on about them hunting dogs not pets I sooo disagree as do most of population.It British fox hunting thing

Our Beagle was a big game hunter! He came home a huge toy monkey one day ! The toy was almost as big as him , Rum would bring home kids toys and we had no idea who's toys they were.

Back