BB curve or sidekick 2008 (with camera) Which pic is good or clear?

I have BB Curve 8330 from Sprint and Pix is clearer than SK. I noticed that it's pix is cleaner and sharper. It have 3 size Large (1600X1200), Med(1024x764), small(640X480) It have 3 picture color options like Color, B/W, Sepha and it have 3 level of "Fine" like Superfine, Fine, Normal (If you use Superfine, and take pix of your face just close, you might see your own pores on PC with Large (1600X1200) set by BB.) :lol: As for video, It's 20 seconds video. The reason why video is short because of size of file format to email to other's BB. I noticed that BB video file format use .3gp . I don't know SK LX uses. If it use same .3gp, then it'll receive BB's video as well BB receive SK's video.

BB Curve Media player can work with .mp4, h232 and avi file format for video. I use .mp4 file format to convert DVD movie into mp4 cuz it works better and smooth (set movie fps to 24!!!, not 30!! you experiment it!). Depending on size of MicroSD, You can store as many movies you can store and keep you entertain for hours. I watched 2 hours movie on BB and battery just drained a little bit (used up just 1/16 of battery level) that's not bad! I can watch 6 hours worth of movie all day and still have enough juice to text, email or browse the net!!

I must admit that BB Curve is pretty addictive. ONLY ONE drawback is the keyboard. Since that I was a SK user for nearly 5 years (from sk b/w to sk2), my hands was used to it's wide keyboard. Now, I'm relearning BB keyboard. BB 8830 World Edition keyboards are hard to type than BB Curve cuz Curve have spaces on each buttons.

Catty

how do they like their IPhone so far?

I haven't talk with them yet. They are busy at work a lot. I will send a message wall to wall at facebook to see how they are doing with their new iphone. :)

I'm just asking for your opinion.

I used my BB 8700G without camera. Which one is good or clear picture on BB curve or new sidekick 2008 with camera/video recording?. (anyone who buy new sidekick 2008, curious how was it? and how was the video/camera on BB curve?) or are both BB curve/sidekick with camera/video recording the same?.

I need to use camera/video recording for just in case of emergency if anything happens. (I don't want to carry separate camera, I want all in one).

:ty:

Peaceeeee ;)
Meyag2, 8700g is STILL awsome and rockstar!! which of OS you using?? (I just curious). Anyway If I were you, I would stick to the BB things. I would upgrade from 8700 to 83XX/88XX series instead of SKLX.. I am glad I DID!

Meyag2, 8700g is STILL awsome and rockstar!! which of OS you using?? (I just curious). Anyway If I were you, I would stick to the BB things. I would upgrade from 8700 to 83XX/88XX series instead of SKLX.. I am glad I DID!

Hey XBGMER,

Yeah, I'm a blackberry lover but I saw new sidekick 2008 (It looks cool but I'm not sure about that). I don't like sidekick LX.

I'm going to pick blackberry curve 8830. I might switch to sprint from tmobile (I dunno). Sprint offer $29.99 for both unlimited internet and email include unlimited text messaging. (I saw advertisement from here on AD for BB curve). I'm still with tmobile service but my text messaging limit only 300 minute a month plus voice call if i need it for 20 cent per mintue. My contract end with tmobile next year Jan 4, 2009.

I can't use text message on my BB because it's only 300 mintues. I use text message on computer. One time, I talked to my friend on my BB for txt msg after 300 mintues, then I got charged for 10 cent per txt msg. I paid $50.00 so that's why I don't want to use text msg on my BB. I want unlimited text msg from sprint. That's why my friend and I had a long conversation on txt msg so instead we write email back and forth. I'm sick of email back and forth on my BB (I had to delete too many email you know), I like txt msg better. that's about it.

oh, how your BB with camera?
also I will ask you about OS (please PM me, in case if you didn't see this, then I will PM you).

Emails on sidekicks are awesome and it costs you nil

I have BB Curve 8330 from Sprint and Pix is clearer than SK. I noticed that it's pix is cleaner and sharper. It have 3 size Large (1600X1200), Med(1024x764), small(640X480) It have 3 picture color options like Color, B/W, Sepha and it have 3 level of "Fine" like Superfine, Fine, Normal (If you use Superfine, and take pix of your face just close, you might see your own pores on PC with Large (1600X1200) set by BB.) :lol: As for video, It's 20 seconds video. The reason why video is short because of size of file format to email to other's BB. I noticed that BB video file format use .3gp . I don't know SK LX uses. If it use same .3gp, then it'll receive BB's video as well BB receive SK's video.

BB Curve Media player can work with .mp4, h232 and avi file format for video. I use .mp4 file format to convert DVD movie into mp4 cuz it works better and smooth (set movie fps to 24!!!, not 30!! you experiment it!). Depending on size of MicroSD, You can store as many movies you can store and keep you entertain for hours. I watched 2 hours movie on BB and battery just drained a little bit (used up just 1/16 of battery level) that's not bad! I can watch 6 hours worth of movie all day and still have enough juice to text, email or browse the net!!

I must admit that BB Curve is pretty addictive. ONLY ONE drawback is the keyboard. Since that I was a SK user for nearly 5 years (from sk b/w to sk2), my hands was used to it's wide keyboard. Now, I'm relearning BB keyboard. BB 8830 World Edition keyboards are hard to type than BB Curve cuz Curve have spaces on each buttons.

Catty

Thanks Catty for the whole info. I really appreciated it.

ha funny about pores. if i see that, i would be like :eek3:.

really, for 2 hours movie on BB curve. I didn't know that.

Guys,

I am not sure this is Sidekick 2008 in pix with old news link at Review: T-Mobile Sidekick 2008 Review

we still don't know about their final product sidekick 2008 plus video blog that woman who talk about new sk 2008 still not clear but like to get more details about final product sk 2008 soon.

Dg

You know, I have been wondering how I can get these numbers on the keyboard (not the top level) in the light shaded part of the QWERTY keyboard, is it a dummy numbers or can it be toggeld to be numbers instead of the symbols shown?

Hey XBGMER,

Yeah, I'm a blackberry lover but I saw new sidekick 2008 (It looks cool but I'm not sure about that). I don't like sidekick LX.

I'm going to pick blackberry curve 8830. I might switch to sprint from tmobile (I dunno). Sprint offer $29.99 for both unlimited internet and email include unlimited text messaging. (I saw advertisement from here on AD for BB curve). I'm still with tmobile service but my text messaging limit only 300 minute a month plus voice call if i need it for 20 cent per mintue. My contract end with tmobile next year Jan 4, 2009.

I can't use text message on my BB because it's only 300 mintues. I use text message on computer. One time, I talked to my friend on my BB for txt msg after 300 mintues, then I got charged for 10 cent per txt msg. I paid $50.00 so that's why I don't want to use text msg on my BB. I want unlimited text msg from sprint. That's why my friend and I had a long conversation on txt msg so instead we write email back and forth. I'm sick of email back and forth on my BB (I had to delete too many email you know), I like txt msg better. that's about it.

oh, how your BB with camera?
also I will ask you about OS (please PM me, in case if you didn't see this, then I will PM you).
meyag2, Oops, I made my mistake what I mention about sklx. I mean sk08. ;)

I quietly am not sure why you using txt msg instead of IM such like Beejive? You have data, so IM can using on data for free without txt msg charge .. (i just wondering, thats all :D) I pay 30 bucks of each months for data data plan, thats it. I actually am happy with tmobile service since 2002.

meyag2, I can't blame you want to swtich from tmobile to sprint what the sprint offer data plans with low payment monthly. I believe that your decision is choice right. Because I really understanding about your financial situation. :D

My BB camera is so-so good, but it is not very sharp. I would like to show you some pictures what it look like of below:

img00018dv2.jpg

img00075zj3.jpg

img00022bx4.jpg

these pictures took by BB curve camera.

meyag2, Oops, I made my mistake what I mention about sklx. I mean sk08. ;)

I quietly am not sure why you using txt msg instead of IM such like Beejive? You have data, so IM can using on data for free without txt msg charge .. (i just wondering, thats all :D) I pay 30 bucks of each months for data data plan, thats it. I actually am happy with tmobile service since 2002.

meyag2, I can't blame you want to swtich from tmobile to sprint what the sprint offer data plans with low payment monthly. I believe that your decision is choice right. Because I really understanding about your financial situation. :D

My BB camera is so-so good, but it is not very sharp. I would like to show you some pictures what it look like of below:

img00018dv2.jpg

img00075zj3.jpg

img00022bx4.jpg

these pictures took by BB curve camera.

hey,

thanks for the picture you showed me this. that picture is not bad.

well, i can't use IMs because of 300 mintues not enough you know. I want unlimited IMs, i don't want to think about 300 mintues. if i talk too long on IMs with friends then it will charge me for per mintues. deafclimber did told me about beejive on my other thread like you said. i'd rather unlimited IMs from sprint and i want to get BB curve too.

tmobile service has been good to me. i have to think about it first. i will PM you and ask you Qs about BB okay. i have to go. thanks xbgmer!

hey,

thanks for the picture you showed me this. that picture is not bad.

well, i can't use IMs because of 300 mintues not enough you know. I want unlimited IMs, i don't want to think about 300 mintues. if i talk too long on IMs with friends then it will charge me for per mintues. deafclimber did told me about beejive on my other thread like you said. i'd rather unlimited IMs from sprint and i want to get BB curve too.

tmobile service has been good to me. i have to think about it first. i will PM you and ask you Qs about BB okay. i have to go. thanks xbgmer!

FYI,

If you want unlimited txt plan, it's only 14.99 a month for domestic unlimited txt messages from T-mobile.

my plan rates are list below.

with insurance total about $78 a month for me, I know it's kind of pricey for me but useful for me most of time flat rate every month.

BTW, my cell is T-Mobile Dash WM 6.0

Dg

hi mymda,

thanks for the info. i've seen this one on tmobile web. but sprint offer $29.99 for unlimited data, txt msg and IMs. (I'm thinking about it first).

how's the tmobile dash? do you have IP relay on your dash?
and how's the camera? also video recording?

yes, I do have BB 8830 without camera and i am very happy with it.
the BB with camera is not my addict. ;)

hi mymda,

thanks for the info. i've seen this one on tmobile web. but sprint offer $29.99 for unlimited data, txt msg and IMs. (I'm thinking about it first).

how's the tmobile dash? do you have IP relay on your dash?
and how's the camera? also video recording?

T-Mobile have unlimited on Text Messages. My BB is coming from T-Mobile. I don't like 200 or 300 text message limited. It's SUCK!

Back