Votes: 3 27.3%
  • 10-12 Days

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • 12 +

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

sappstter

Reaction score
I was looking at a battery life ranges for hearing aids and was surprised to see what the average lifespans were that are listed on various site. I know there are a lot of variables such as how often they're used, battery size, accessories, etc... I think I go through batteries pretty fast since I use my hearing aids all day everyday, I also usually have them either paired together or to my phone. It would be interesting to see

Could you guys post the following in addition to the poll?

1. Hearing Aid manufacturer
  2. battery size
  3. useage (useage/avg hours)
  4. accessories
  5. digital or analog
  6. typical life?
  7. misc comments

I'll Start, I alternate between two sets:

1st:
  1. Phonak - BiCross Set up
  2. 312 (brown)
  3. every day, 16 hrs/day
  4. bi cross
  5. digital
  6. 3 days maximum
2nd:
  1. Resound
  2. 312
  3. every day, 16 hrs/day
  4. bluetooth always paired with iphone
  5. digital
  6. 5 days
  7. could be less if I'm streaming a lot of music to it.

I typically use Rayovac, Duracell, or Powerone in that order. I don't notice much difference in battery life between the brands. Anyone notice much of an improvement? I had bad luck with energizer one time where they wouldn't power my hearing aid up, after that I never bought them again.

1. Hearing Aid manufacturer - Phonak Naidas
  2. battery size - 675
  3. useage (useage/avg hours) - about 15 hours a day, every day
  4. accessories - ComPilot
  5. digital or analog - digital
  6. typical life? - I used to get about 21 days, but now get maybe 14 days. I think this is because I now have to use them, with the ComPilot/TVLink in the morning when watching TV first thing. I used to use FM headphones alone, but they no longer gave me the volume I needed.
  7. misc comments - Right now I'm using Xcell (Rayovac) batteries because that's what the audiologist is supplying me for the first year. I'll switch to Walgreen's batteries when I no longer get free one from my audiologist. I've always had good results with the Walgreen ones (just make sure to check the expiration date, especially when they're on sale).

• Hearing Aid manufacturer- Oticon
  • battery size-13 and 312
  • useage (useage/avg hours)- 14 hours a day
  • accessories- Streamer
  • digital or analog- digital
  • typical life?- size 13- two weeks, 312 about a week
  • misc comments- battery's used are Costco- so they are Rayovac's. I have also found that if I take batteries out of HA's at night and put tape over holes I get another day or two out of them, but it's not worth the trouble.

• Siemens Nitro
  • Approx 4 hours per day
  • No accessories
  • Digital
  • usually only wear them to work so I wear them from 6am until around 5pm when I get home
  • I have recently changed to Rayovac Extra Advanced batteries designed for cochlears and high power hearing aids and so far the volume is louder and lasts longer than the regular 675 batteries.

• typical life?- size 13- two weeks, 312 about a week
  • misc comments- battery's used are Costco- so they are Rayovac's. I have also found that if I take batteries out of HA's at night and put tape over holes I get another day or two out of them, but it's not worth the trouble.

• I have recently changed to Rayovac Extra Advanced batteries designed for cochlears and high power hearing aids and so far the volume is louder and lasts longer than the regular 675 batteries.

Interesting, never heard of covering the holes to save battery life. I'll have to look into the Extra Advanced batteries and try them out. You guys get a lot more life out of the batteries than I was expecting. Thanks for responding!

It depends on the HA and the battery type. The bigger the batter the longer the life. smaller batteries tend to have shorter lifespan.
The brand matters, too. usually the 'good' ones like Energize last longer than no names. a good few days, sometimes.

Fuzzy

1. Hearing Aid manufacturer
    Oticon
  2. battery size 13 (orange)
  3. usage (usage/avg hours) This varies a great deal it can range from 0-18 hrs... every day but I've been known to go a day here and there without them
  4. accessories None except maybe the DAI cord...
  5. digital or analog Digital
  6. typical life? Um.. to be honest I have no idea lol... Right now because of what my situation is I lose track of days. I think between 3-5 days. Less if I accidentally forget to open the battery door at night.
  7. misc comments When I used 675 those tended to last longer- around 10-14 days (I miss them..) I use Duracell when it's on sale otherwise I use Walgreen's (cheaper and last pretty well). Sometimes I use Rayovac but felt like they didn't last as long (with the 675 at least).

Last edited:
I recently filled out a survey (see below link) and just received two packs of batteries (4 each). I don't remember telling them which brand I'm using so I don't know if that's why they sent me the same ones that my audiologist has been supplying me.

https://www.hearingtracker.com/

1. Hearing Aid manufacturer Phonak
  2. battery size 675
  3. useage (useage/avg hours) 10
  4. accessories none
  5. digital or analog digital
  6. typical life? Two weeks?
  7. misc comments Bigger batteries give more life. That's why if you are on the border of two losses, it's better to take the more powerful aid.

misc comments Bigger batteries give more life. That's why if you are on the border of two losses, it's better to take the more powerful aid.

Definitely agree with this. I don't think I had much of a choice this time as it wasn't my money being spent lol. But next time...yes going for a 675 model again.

Clicked on this thread and my hearing aid beeped to let me know my battery is getting low. :lol:

LOL. :D Hey, when your hearing aid beeps to tell you the battery is dead, do other people near you (as in maybe a small group or one on one) hear it? With the pair I have I turned off that function, annoyed me as sometimes I could not change it right away. So now when the sound suddenly disappears..oop dead battery lol.

LOL. :D Hey, when your hearing aid beeps to tell you the battery is dead, do other people near you (as in maybe a small group or one on one) hear it? With the pair I have I turned off that function, annoyed me as sometimes I could not change it right away. So now when the sound suddenly disappears..oop dead battery lol.
I don't know if anyone else can hear it, but yeah, it can be annoying especially when talking to someone because the "sound" disappears while it's beeping. Plus it will do it for at least a day usually - every hour or so and then maybe more frequently (not that I've timed it). I do let they battery die, most of the time, before replacing it - cheapskate that I am. ;)

The battery beep noise was annoying as all get out to me in my hybrid that I wore for a little while but the battery lasted about a week or so. My analog hearing aid .. I typically replace mine in about 4-7 days which depends on how much I wear it per day and noise environment/ weather. I have never had a battery last me longer than a week.

I have gotten batteries from my audi that were dead when I put it in my HA . I was told that will happen if they been sitting around along time . I hate it when battery beep noise goes off when I am driving ! I have to wait till I get to a long red light to put a new one in.

1. Hearing Aid manufacturer: Oticon Nera
  2. battery size: 13 as always
  3. useage (useage/avg hours) 240 hrs
  4. accessories: streamer
  5. digital or analog: digital!
  6. typical life? 2 wks *I really need to change the damn thing out since today is Monday LOL!!!!!!!*
  7. misc comments idk but Duracell and Powerone works for me, the Rayovac from CVS causes issues so that's why I had to get a new hearing aid anyways IMHO.
  1. Hearing Aid manufacturer Oticon Safari 600 P
  2. battery size: 13
  3. useage (useage/avg hours) 180
  4. accessories Streamer
  5. digital or analog: digital
  6. typical life? 2 wks.
  7. misc comments loved it till one broke in October 2014 lol
  1. Hearing Aid manufacturer: Oticon Gaia
  2. battery size: 13
  3. useage (useage/avg hours) idk but usually the typical 180
  4. accessories: none yet but had an FM unit stuck with them *Campus S in 4th grade and the Inspiro during freshman year
  5. digital or analog digital but crappy LOL
  6. typical life? 2 wks
  7. misc comments became total nonsense in high school :P
  1. Hearing Aid manufacturer: Siemens Infinti S1
  2. battery size: 13.
  3. useage (useage/avg hours)no idea since I was so young!!!!!
  4. accessories: none yet but had a Phonic Ear 471 when I started school.
  5. digital or analog analog
  6. typical life? 2 wks before the crackle begins and then it's dead.
  7. misc comments: loved it.
now my mother's!
  1. Hearing Aid manufacturer: Starkey 3 series i30
  2. battery size: 312
  3. useage (useage/avg hours) *idk since I use more than she does* #YOLO
  4. accessories: nothing
  5. digital or analog: digital
  6. typical life? 4-7 days *I know, sucks for her lol*
  7. misc comments: she loves it and the fact it's PINK. :D (THAT'S ALL FOLKS)

1. Hearing Aid manufacturer Phonak
  2. battery size 13
  3. useage (useage/avg hours) 14 hrs/day
  4. accessories- direct audio input (used 1-2 hours per day)
  5. digital or analog digita superpower (MPO of 85 with. Sound recover is off bc I only have hearing in 3frequencies
  6. typical life? 5 days
  7. misc comments just started wearing the Naida again to see if it would add anything to my cochlear implant
  1. Cochlear implant manufacturer Advanced Bionics
  2. battery size 2 rechargeable sizes 110 (10 hours) and 230 (30 hours) and disposable 675 ultra power CI batteries (2 last about 35 hours but don't have warnings of low battery.
  3. useage (useage/avg hours) use CI during all waking hours, so 12-20 hours per day
  4. accessories ComPilot streamer only to watch tv
  5. digital or analog digital
  6. typical life? See 2.
  7. misc commentS Getting a cochlear implant was the best decision I my life

Cochlear N6 standard rechargables between 8-12 hours. If more quiet time than noise, can last 12-18 hours. But also power draw for settings can shorten that as well as using bluetooth... Id say 8-12 hours per charge as a general rule of thumb.

1. Oticon acto
2. Size 13
3. Unknown (I don't wear them until I leave my house, and take then off when I get back home)
4. Steamer
5.digital I think (my parents picked them out when I was 17 so unknown to me)
6. 5 days (my streamer and phone kill the batteries)
6. Hoping to switch out with some resounds :)

Back