BAHA = Painful!?

ExR

Reaction score
Over 10 years ago, I had a BAHA fitted. Within a year, the abutment (titanium screw) completely fell out, leaving me with a temporary hole in my head.

Problem is that I still get occasional pains where my BAHA once was. Sometimes the pain comes on completely randomly, other times they are caused by pressure being applied to the area on my head. Does anyone know what causes this?

ExR

Bones that have been broken often hurt for a lifetime. Wouldn't that be the same principle with the bone regrowth in your skull?

Bones that have been broken often hurt for a lifetime. Wouldn't that be the same principle with the bone regrowth in your skull?

Not sure, maybe I should go and see my Doctor about it. Problem is, half the time he's like "I don't know. You need to ask your ENT consultant!"

I wish I didn't have the BAHA tbh. It has left me with a small dent in my head where the skin graft was taken. It's not noticeable unless you feel it, but it's still annoying.

I'd see that dr about it.

I know a few people IRL with BAHA none have had any pain or discomfort (after it healed of course).

It sounds like maybe the needed to wait longer for the abutment to heal - I know that some people regrow bone etc at a different rate than "typical", maybe you fell into that category as well??

(I heal very slowly - things like cuts, sutures etc... ironically my hair and nails grow SUPER fast *shurg* who knows)

either your bone didn't heal properly or you body rejected it like it does piercings...it can happen..it's rare tho

Back