Bad News:

As of this past week, Dad no longer reply on the feeding tube, he had successfully passed the swallowing test and he's now on a well-balanced diet such as vegetables, whole gains, fruits..He's doing so well and I'm so proud of him! ;)

My sister (Angel) has pictures of dad eating pudding, cup cake (for his birthday) on facebook.. so anyone who has access to her profile account would be able to view the pictures of our dad.... Sorry but I cannot post any pictures of dad out of respect for our family.. they don't want pictures view to the public...:)

Hey, that is great news! :)

Cheri - I am so happy for the good news. He is just doing amazenly well. (is that even a word?)

Hope it continues.

Glad to hear that he's doing very well. That's one big step up for him for eating on his own. Now you just have to stock him up. :lol:

It´s wonderful news... I´m glad that your Dad doing very well and positive.

I have been out a while and just read this post. So sorry that your dad has been so ill, but the last reports sound so good. Hope he continues to improve. Congratulations on his growing health and vigor.

Sounds encouraging. I hope he can recover a substantial amount of functioning.

Now that is excellent progress for your dad, Cheri.. I have seen the pics at Angel's FB page and looks like your dad is doing wonderful... make sure to tell him to keep up and he will bounce back good enough...

Thats a wonderful news that your dad is getting better everyday and now eating solid foods. Soon he will be his normal self again. :)

I am sorry hear about to you feeling sad I pray for you strong, we pray for you strong pray and support to you and courage to together feeling bit I am really sad for you. I believe you feeling faithful..

Thank you!! ;)

There is more updates...

On his right one side paralysis, My dad had wiggle his toes and also had been able to move his limb leg!! God is amazing!!

Maybe he will be able to recover all of his right side functions...there is hope. ;)

Update as of 04/21/10

My dad had came home yesterday to live at home, It's a big adjustment. He's really happy being home with his family. We have a hospital bed set up for him, ramps for his wheelchair, 36 inches doorway that is wide enough to fit his wheelchair through and his own physical work out area. :)

He has starting to do some walking with help during therapies, He hasn't got much use of the arm yet. Stroke recovery is slow and it will happen on it's own time frame, so I don't expect fast progress. I've told my dad the other day that he has to learn to live with his abilities, not his disabilities, the same way I learned to live with my deafness, do not give up, keep going, work hard and to not worry about tomorrow, don't think about yesterday, just make it through today. He is going to continue with his therapies as long as it takes. :)

My sisters and I will be running my dad's company until whenever, I had ran my dad's company in Florida just recently in March, and I managed pretty well, I did everything the way dad would want it to go. Not bad for a deaf person huh? lol

I'll keep your post for more future updates. Have a good day everyone. :ily:

Wow, good news! Yes, there will be adujustments to make at home but at least your dad will be HOME!

He has progressed a long way. :)

I'm very proud of you hanging in there with the family business, especially through the rough times. I knew you could manage the business well, despite being a blonde (j/k :lol: ).

I'm happy to hear that your dad came home and I'm also very happy to hear that you're doing well in the family business despite the rough times you went thru earlier this year.

Wow, good news! Yes, there will be adujustments to make at home but at least your dad will be HOME!

He has progressed a long way. :)

I'm very proud of you hanging in there with the family business, especially through the rough times. I knew you could manage the business well, despite being a blonde (j/k :lol: ).

:lol:

Thanks everyone. :P

Great to know, Cheri.... keep it up and your dad will be back to his old self and running the business once again.. and ya and Angel would be doing a good job running the business and making good decisions and more.. your dad should be proud of the way ya 2 have been doing in his absence....

Cheri, glad to hear the good news regarding your Dad; slowly but surely the progress will come; the human body is an amazing thing. Also re: your burgeoning journey into being a biz woman! Thanks for the update!

Back