Bad News:

Tuesday has been the most devastating day. They had him on a heart monitor with a bunch of wires leading to the recording device and a ventilator. It was horrible.

Today, they took him off the ventilator, his lungs are almost clear and that's a good sign. :P

They're supposed to shock his heart on Dec 6th, they gonna do this while he's under anesthesia, they want to get his heart back in the normal regular rhythm.

I'm glad to hear that. I clearly haven't ready your post before I put up my post above me. That's great news.. but let's hope his heart gets back to a regular rhythm.

That's great news, Cher!
I will continue pray for your father. :hug:

That's good. Does that mean he is out of the woods yet? I am not experienced with this kind of thing so pls pardon my ignorance.

That's good. Does that mean he is out of the woods yet? I am not experienced with this kind of thing so pls pardon my ignorance.

Not completely out of the woods, we were told that his lungs are getting better, it's a slow process and they also had took a CAT scan of his gall bladder because it was enlarge, but we have not yet gotten the results of his CAT scan test.

Not completely out of the woods, we were told that his lungs are getting better, it's a slow process and they also had took a CAT scan of his gall bladder because it was enlarge, but we have not yet gotten the results of his CAT scan test.

I will keep my thoughs and fingers crossed for you.

I'm glad things are improving for your dad. :)

Your father's health is improving.. I will pray for him!

Update:

My family were discussing about transferring dad into a nursing home, at first I was devastated, because I didn't want dad in a long term care facility where people simply go to die.

But, after learning that dad hasn't receive the best care from the hospital where he's at right now with no rehabilitation and with all the delaying on getting him the proper care he needs. He isn't moving forward, instead he's moving backwards. We want to keep him forward.

However, my mom had checked out a nursing home a hour away from me, and she was amaze to see that many of those people in that nursing home are very active physically. They have a rehabilitation center where dad could receive physical therapies 5 days a week, since the hospital aren't giving him any. So mom believes that this is one good nursing home where it could help dad. Dad needs much care as he can get to get better and to get his life back. We want much more for dad than medications, we want him in rehab and for him to get the best care as possible and that is why my mom wants to make some changes.

My family were discussing about transferring dad into a nursing home, at first I was devastated, because I didn't want dad in a long term care facility where people simply go to die.

But, after learning that dad hasn't receive the best care from the hospital where he's at right now with no rehabilitation and with all the delaying on getting him the proper care he needs. He isn't moving forward, instead he's moving backwards. We want to keep him forward.

However, my mom had checked out a nursing home a hour away from me, and she was amaze to see that many of those people in that nursing home are very active physically. They have a rehabilitation center where dad could receive physical therapies 5 days a week, since the hospital aren't giving him any. So mom believes that this is one good nursing home where it could help dad. Dad needs much care as he can get to get better and to get his life back. We want much more for dad than medications, we want him in rehab and for him to get the best care as possible and that is why my mom wants to make some changes.

Cheri,a :hug: to your family.

Cheri, hope for the best care possible for your dad. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

I doubt that most people would want to put their parents in a nursing home but from what you say, it sounds like he's not getting the care he needs to get back on track. I hope he can get his life back after his stroke.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and your dad.

as long as you guys do visit there then your dad would get a good care by them. Hope he will get better when he gets there. Just like my mom used to do that to visit my grandpa at the nursing home. They took care of him pretty good.

as long as you guys do visit there then your dad would get a good care by them. Hope he will get better when he gets there. Just like my mom used to do that to visit my grandpa at the nursing home. They took care of him pretty good.

This is true.

When the family quits showing interest the quality of care deteriorates.

Hope things get better.

Cheri.. I am sure your dad will do well in that place... he will get his strength back and then be able to do what he used to do before the stroke... just give it a chance and ya will be happy to see your dad do very well....I'm sure it was a hard decision to do this but in the end it will be something positive somehow...

I'm pleased to hear that! let's hope your dad will be a short-term resident there! :grouphug:

I hope your Dad can fight his way back to health soon. Good luck to all your family Cheri.

My mom is with my dad every single day, she hasn't missed a day and most of us see dad every other day or as much as we can.

Berry said:
When the family quits showing interest the quality of care deteriorates.

Berry, You don't know my family, don't assume something that you don't have any idea what you're talking about.

Hope your dad will improve in the nursing home. I'm sure being around people who had similiar health issues will inspire him to get well where there's hope.

Back