bad headaches....

2 500mg capsules of paracetamol does the trick for me.

Wirelessly posted

3 ibuprofen (total up to 600 mg) 2 extra strength tylenol with caffeine work for my migraine

At once? I hope not.

You need to be aware. though, with meds like NSAIDs - ibuprofen, aspirin, naproxen etc it is the fastest way to ulcers
so you have to extra careful not to take it too often, without food
and over the recommended limit - and I see you already crossed the limit of 400mg of single extra strength dose if you took it at once,

so please, please be careful or ulcers will be your next ongoing health problem.

Fuzzy

Taking one Advil pill work for me.

Sometimes having a nap in a darkened room helps.

My mother takes a triptan med. Luckily she can get them cheap.

when I get headaches, I just drink more water and that usually does the trick (my headaches are usually cause I'm dehydrated). If it's a migraine, I take an excedrin migraine pill, but migraines have been pretty rare for me lately.

Sumatriptan helps, but has uncomfortable side effects.

Note: Triptan drugs ain't cheap, and insurances limit them to 8 pills a month. They are about $250 for eight pills.

There is seven triptans on the market currently, they all differ slightly in how they work
but also in their side effects.

If you find sumatriptan gives you unpleasant s/e (heart palpitations? constricted throat?)
ask for a different triptan.
The most popular and with the least s/e are Zomig and Maxalt,
also Relapx and Frova

but in the end you'd have to try each of them yourself to determine which one suits you best.

What you can do you can write the companies and ask for free samples,
also your doctor may have free samples, too.

Some companies offer financial assistance programs to help pay for their triptans so email them and ask if they offer for the triptan of your choice
and if you qualify.

You can find these programs on Google

Patient Assistance Programs - Available Prescription Assistance Programs
Find Prescription Assistance

Fuzzy

You know what else gives me migranes? Doritos. No idea what is in them, but almost every time I eat them I get a migrane the next day. (I usually eat Nacho or Cool Ranch... sometimes Spicier Nacho.)

You know what else gives me migranes? Doritos. No idea what is in them, but almost every time I eat them I get a migrane the next day. (I usually eat Nacho or Cool Ranch... sometimes Spicier Nacho.)

It's probably the MSG. A lot of products with cheddar in them are full of MSG.

It might be the artificial colouring - they're known to cause migraines for some people. I looked up the nutrition label for Cool Ranch, it has three of them, Red 40, Blue 1, Yellow 5. Eek!

I just feel bad because I seem to have passed them along to my daughter. She gets them pretty bad:-( Migraines do run in families.

It might be the artificial colouring - they're known to cause migraines for some people. I looked up the nutrition label for Cool Ranch, it has three of them, Red 40, Blue 1, Yellow 5. Eek!

Either that, or it's the MSG. Doritos have a lot of cheese and they are of the sharp kind.

Cheddar alone, all processed cheeses - may trigger migraines because they
contain
tyramine which widens blood vessels

Food with tyramine and how to avoid it...

and for this very reason, even the left over food can be dangerous for a migraineur
because the longer it is left over the more tyramine is 'produced'.

Tyramine can also raise your blood pressure, which for some people is also a trigger.

Fuzzy

It's probably the MSG. A lot of products with cheddar in them are full of MSG.

I when to Wendy just one time and had a salad and I got a horrible headache! I found out later that Wendy spray their veggies with something to keep it fresh and green looking. I can't eat any food with red dye , like the fake seafood salad . I will get a headaches.

I drink something with caffeine, and take two Aleve. Only when I have a headache. I works perfectly! Otherwise I drink water, and don't take meds. I used to take Imatrex, but new so many people who had serious problems from it.

Wirelessly posted

Audiofuzzy said:
Wirelessly posted

3 ibuprofen (total up to 600 mg) 2 extra strength tylenol with caffeine work for my migraine

At once? I hope not.

You need to be aware. though, with meds like NSAIDs - ibuprofen, aspirin, naproxen etc it is the fastest way to ulcers
so you have to extra careful not to take it too often, without food
and over the recommended limit - and I see you already crossed the limit of 400mg of single extra strength dose if you took it at once,

so please, please be careful or ulcers will be your next ongoing health problem.

Fuzzy

yes at once I asked my doc he said its fine as long I eat meal along with it. I had ulcer once 6 years ago, I eat spicy food without any trouble

Wirelessly posted

yes at once I asked my doc he said its fine as long I eat meal along with it. I had ulcer once 6 years ago, I eat spicy food without any trouble

Spicy foods! Yummmmmm, nom nom nom :drool:

Rarely I get a headache from too much compressed cigarettes (Factories misused equipments), I take the cold coffee (Starbucks and Seattle Best) then take nap to help reducing a headaches.

Rarely I get a headache from too much compressed cigarettes (Factories misused equipments), I take the cold coffee (Starbucks and Seattle Best) then take nap to help reducing a headaches.

I didn't think you were supposed to smoke inside the factories... :shock:

Back