bad headaches....

Sushia

Reaction score
I tried chugging coke soda to clear my headaches.. I wonder what else you all do to rid crazy headaches with remedy? Out of curious. :)

The caffine in soda can sometimes help alleviate a headache. How bad are your headaches (0-10)? How often do you get headaches? Have you tried Aspirin or other OTC meds?

For me, I don't drink anything with caffine at all... definately helps my migranes. Also drink plenty of water and sleep enough.

Oh, and a REALLY hot shower, and make the water spray on your head or neck.

For bad headaches, I drink coffee because of the caffeine - (they open up capillaries). It works most of the time.

Wirelessly posted

3 ibuprofen (total up to 600 mg) 2 extra strength tylenol with caffeine work for my migraine

One thing to consider, caffeine works less and less the more often you use it. I find alternating with different types of meds to be very helpful. (I have a migraine about once a week now - down from having one every day.)

One thing to consider, caffeine works less and less the more often you use it. I find alternating with different types of meds to be very helpful. (I have a migraine about once a week now - down from having one every day.)

You're right, the more one uses a drug (or caffeine), the more one builds up tolerance to it.

Also while caffine may make the headache better at the moment, it may trigger more later if you don't keep drinking more and more of it.

I had combatted my headaches and had been drinking coffee for them. I slowly weaned myself off the coffee so as to not go through caffeine withdrawal. Gave myself 3 months of a slow down. Well, after 4 months of no caffeine I started getting the headaches with more intensity. Saw the doctor and I explained what I did. We tried a few things, but nothing worked. My allergies to a lot of medicines leave a lot to be desired. So, on the advice of my doctor, I am back on coffee. No more than 2 cups a day. All other drinks are to be caffeine free. USually that's water only, but I do have a Sprite once in a while. I take Excedrin:Tension Headache if I get another one, but there was an issue and that was recalled. Luckily Walgreens has a store brand that is identical and now I have that.

Also while caffine may make the headache better at the moment, it may trigger more later if you don't keep drinking more and more of it.

Actually, sudden withdrawal from caffeinated coffee does trigger headaches but this is the first time I ever heard that drinking coffee increases them. Never happened to me.

I had combatted my headaches and had been drinking coffee for them. I slowly weaned myself off the coffee so as to not go through caffeine withdrawal. Gave myself 3 months of a slow down. Well, after 4 months of no caffeine I started getting the headaches with more intensity. Saw the doctor and I explained what I did. We tried a few things, but nothing worked. My allergies to a lot of medicines leave a lot to be desired. So, on the advice of my doctor, I am back on coffee. No more than 2 cups a day. All other drinks are to be caffeine free. USually that's water only, but I do have a Sprite once in a while. I take Excedrin:Tension Headache if I get another one, but there was an issue and that was recalled. Luckily Walgreens has a store brand that is identical and now I have that.

If the Excedrin: Tension Headache helps you then your migraines are probably stress induced. Mine are both stress induced and food triggered. I am starting in a gym to hopefully reduce my stress, but I know in the beginning my migraines might get worse as my body adjusts to the increased workout (exercising can do the same thing that stress can do to your muscles). I'm starting slow and easy and hopefully keep my migraines to no more than one per week and hopefully reduce them down to once a month.

As I type this, I have the beginnings of a migraine and have already taken my prescription meds. If I catch it early enough I can avoid another really bad migraine.

If the Excedrin: Tension Headache helps you then your migraines are probably stress induced. Mine are both stress induced and food triggered. I am starting in a gym to hopefully reduce my stress, but I know in the beginning my migraines might get worse as my body adjusts to the increased workout (exercising can do the same thing that stress can do to your muscles). I'm starting slow and easy and hopefully keep my migraines to no more than one per week and hopefully reduce them down to once a month.

As I type this, I have the beginnings of a migraine and have already taken my prescription meds. If I catch it early enough I can avoid another really bad migraine.

I do know mine are stress related and most all of my stress relievers are packed up. Keyboard, scrapbooking, cardmaking, sewing and things like that.

My stress is living in MIL's house and my living situation and such. We are working on the solution.

^^^:laugh2:

I hardly get headaches..whew! Where is Travis? He always talkin about headaches. :lol:

Coke has a lot of sugar and this can made headaches worst. I drink coffee for my headaches or try to take a short tap . If you're getting a lot of headaches
you should see a doctor , headaches can be a sign of other health issues.

I suffer from migraines also. My doctor told me to avoid, caffeine, salami, red wine, processed cheese. Migraines are much better. Until I got sick and now there back. Can not take migraine meds because they interact with my seizures now. So I try at all costs to avoid them. Good Luck everyone!!

The book "Heal Your Headache" by David Buchholz is a wonderful resource on controlling your migraines.

For me, exercise helps a lot, but too much intense exercise can make it worse.

I take 500mg naproxen sodium every 8 hours and if it is really bad, Sumatriptan helps, but has uncomfortable side effects.

Note: Triptan drugs ain't cheap, and insurances limit them to 8 pills a month. They are about $250 for eight pills.

Back