Aww!!!!!

The*Empress

Reaction score
World's Longest-Married Couple Reveal Secrets
Husband Finds Marital Bliss in Two Small Words: 'Yes, Dear'

AP
Percy and Florence Arrowsmith say the key to a happy marriage is to not hold grudges.

LONDON (May 31) - A British couple who hold the world record for the longest marriage said on Wednesday their success was down to a glass of whiskey, a glass of sherry and the word "sorry".

Percy and Florence Arrowsmith married on June 1, 1925 and will celebrate their 80th anniversary on Wednesday.

The Guinness World Records said on Tuesday the couple held the title for the longest marriage and also for the oldest married couple's aggregate age.

"I think we're very blessed," Florence, 100, told the BBC. "We still love one another, that's the most important part."

Asked for their secret, Florence said you must never be afraid to say "sorry".

"You must never go to sleep bad friends," she said, while Percy, 105, said his secret to marital bliss was just two words: "Yes, dear."

The couple have three children, six grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren and are planning a party soon.

"I like sherry at lunch time and whiskey at night and I'm looking forward very much to my party," said Florence.

12:20 05-31-05

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20050601073809990012

what is this, now u are obessed with "love thing" i thought u hated it so much as u wished u wouldnt gone through wit this again? :squint: :wtf:

hmmm thats sure is pretty long...as for my grandparents have been married about nearly 55 years before my grandfather died about 5 years ago.

They were married in 1946 after WWII was over.

Steel said:
hmmm thats sure is pretty long...as for my grandparents have been married about nearly 55 years before my grandfather died about 5 years ago.

They were married in 1946 after WWII was over.

Well, my parents were married since 1962 and they are still together. :) There are a few long marriages out there. :)

Miss P, you made me laugh. :)

Nancy said:
Miss P, you made me laugh. :)

I'm serious, I can break that world record....

see, if I get married now,,, and I am 34 years old...
and Steel is 21.

And so.... in 81 years. I will be what? 115 years old?
and Steel will be 101 years old....
that ain't so bad... :P

Oh shit! 80 years! That's a long time, I can't imagine that!

sequoias said:
Oh shit! 80 years! That's a long time, I can't imagine that!

well, steel doesn't want me, but hey, Sequoias, will you married me?

we can beat that, 80 years ain't long.

pepper spray? I've never heard of a guy defend himself against a woman with a pepper spray, most women tend to carry that, but guys? :P I'd rather run away out the door. :P

sequoias said:
pepper spray? I've never heard of a guy defend himself against a woman with a pepper spray, most women tend to carry that, but guys? :P I'd rather run away out the door. :P

Chasing Sequoias, "Come back!!!!!" :naughty:

sequoias said:
trust me...I think you'll really need it because she seems to like you even more than she likes me.

see she's chasing you!? RUN RUN RUN!

why do you always say something about me and animes?

what does it have to do with me being interested in anime? :confused:

I'm not even the only one in AD who likes animes so if you have a problem with that, then too bad.

Steel said:
why do you always say something about me and animes?

what does it have to do with me being interested in anime? :confused:

I'm not even the only one in AD who likes animes so if you have a problem with that, then too bad.

:lol: Oh Steel!! I apologise if you felt offended but believe me it was not in the offensive content I meant, I meant it all in the joking way! Stare closer at my avatar and my signature!! :lol:

Sigh, I was trying to make my first move, cause the posters suggested that I should.

Cookie Monster said:
:lol: Oh Steel!! I apologise if you felt offended but believe me it was not in the offensive content I meant, I meant it all in the joking way! Stare closer at my avatar and my signature!! :lol:
:ugh: no thanks I got better things to stare at.

Back