Awesome Memes

ambrosia-albums-stuff-i-ve-posted-picture6017-1010509-10151506586402339-1482198519-n.jpg

Meme - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"A meme acts as a unit for carrying cultural ideas, symbols, or practices that can be transmitted from one mind to another through writing, speech, gestures, rituals, or other imitable phenomena."

I see everyone writing meme's about what they r doing etc. should this be Memo's instead as its not specifically addressing a cultural idea.:hmm::hmm:

Kind of almost feel like the definition of memes has changed/evolved. I can see where that Wiki definition would have originated, but nowadays, with photos, Grumpy Cat, LOL cats, and so on, memes have gone viral and I don't think it means the same thing today as it once did.

I see everyone writing meme's about what they r doing etc. should this be Memo's instead as its not specifically addressing a cultural idea.:hmm::hmm:

Huh? Nowadays it's usually a picture with a funny caption, a lot if times the same picture with different captions. Not sure what you're talking about memes about things people are doing.

Kind of almost feel like the definition of memes has changed/evolved. I can see where that Wiki definition would have originated, but nowadays, with photos, Grumpy Cat, LOL cats, and so on, memes have gone viral and I don't think it means the same thing today as it once did.

I agree but i also think that even things like grumpy cat gives some insight as to peoples perspectives and attitudes. Maybe a shallow part of culture but still culture. But some are just silly :lol:

I agree but i also think that even things like grumpy cat gives some insight as to peoples perspectives and attitudes. Maybe a shallow part of culture but still culture. But some are just silly :lol:

Like this one? I laughed.....so hard, I think I got closer to getting my 6 pack

ambrosia-albums-stuff-i-ve-posted-picture6018-1014313-591128727619870-1703501533-n.jpg

My friends and I, when we went somewhere and there was a small car taking up 2 spaces, we would turn them sideways in the parking space. usually the owner had to wait for one of the other cars to move as it was tight and they couldn't just drive out...lol

I live near Frankenmuth and I see lots of idiot parking there. Once I paged some of my friends and had a mini flash parking, boxed in a car that was taking up 3 parking spots (and made sure all of our cars were legally parked) then we all went for a long stroll and lunch.

Came back to an angry driver and police who were trying not to laugh. Since were were legally parked, the cop couldn't do anything :laugh2: Made him waste about 2 hours.

One of these day I'll get a valve stem remover and a bunch of card printed up to flame idiot driver anonymously.

ambrosia-albums-stuff-i-ve-posted-picture6028-1016776-596525280413548-726020483-n.jpg

I love the Jehovah Witness part lol ahhh that's awesome

oh man that's sooo bad lol I'm dying good find

I also like the word hooey find me a meme with the word hooey

Haha, I do like that meme, but hooey isn't an "a".........how can someone not know what hooey is? That's a bunch of hooey ;) I was just wondering if there was an ASL equivalent, and there is, and I actually know that sign :)

Yeah, it's a hooky meme. There shouldn't be an "a" in front. It's like "silly".

Yeah, it's a hooky meme. There shouldn't be an "a" in front. It's like "silly".

haha not hooky, hooey, it's like um...bullshit, craziness. After the fact I realized this is a word that might not exist in ASL, and it's not commonly used English slang either, so some of you guys might not recognize it. Sorry, sometimes I forget....sometimes I'm an ignorant hearie :laugh2:

haha not hooky, hooey, it's like um...bullshit, craziness

No no no, I understood. Maybe "hooky" was a bad choice .. I now have no idea what word I should've used to describe it I was just funning :lol: but my "silly" is along the same line as your "bullshit, craziness" ... sorry for the misunderstanding.

Back