Averkey - many videophone/webcam to one phone number?

Mulit - Videophones in a house

• Do not need more than 1 videophone in a home

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Want more videophone devices to one phone number in a home

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Like the idea of many videophone to one phone number but dont need or want.

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

Deaf Mortgage

Reaction score
I came across Averkey as another tool for webcam or videophone conference abilities.

Anyone know about this Averkey that could be modified and allow have many webcam in a house but rely on same IP address or a phone number?

I am still researching on this product and trying to understand.

I would like to have more than one videophone cuz I don't want to run from upstair down to first floor or basment just over VP call. It would be convenience to have more than one with same number so I would'nt be runing up or down. Also MVP, VIABLE ect wireless videophone is niice to have when you're outside and easily accessable akin to hearing people using cordless or cellphone near by them outside.

We deafie want to catch up with hearing people and prove that we're living normal like them :rofl: But sadly, we're 10 year ahead of hearing people. That the leap we get!

Catty

I have three videophones as VP-200, OJO, and VPAD. I will got MVP soon. I want one number for multi-VP in each room but I got another number for new MVP like cellphone for travel and work. I will wait to listen till FCC will approve rule and order near end of year.

I have three videophones as VP-200, OJO, and VPAD. I will got MVP soon. I want one number for multi-VP in each room but I got another number for new MVP like cellphone for travel and work. I will wait to listen till FCC will approve rule and order near end of year.

wait for fcc? :nono: fcc approve last june 24 2008 so no other approval. fcc said one 10 digital nubmer each viedophone

wait for fcc? :nono: fcc approve last june 24 2008 so no other approval. fcc said one 10 digital nubmer each viedophone

FCC 08-151 - REPORT AND ORDER AND FURTHER NOTICE OF PROPOSED RULEMAKING
113. The TDI Coalition asserts that functional equivalency requires that deaf and hard-ofhearing users should have one NANP number for multiple devices, such as a stationary videophone and a portable wireless videophone.265 We note that currently, hearing users may not have one NANP number for multiple services, such as their home telephones and their portable wireless phones. Indeed, hearing users generally need to employ some type of call forwarding functionality in order to make it possible to receive calls placed to a single telephone number from multiple devices. We seek comment on whether such a call forwarding system is sufficient for Internet-based TRS devices. Alternatively, we seek comment on whether the functional equivalency standard requires that the numbering system adopted in this Order allow for a single NANP number to be assigned to multiple services. Whether and to what extent should the cost of such additional functionalities be passed on to Internet-based TRS users?

Many deaf customers request one 10-digital number for multi-VP in one household.

Wow... I realized I am not alone here.

But what about Averkey? It seem a current solution to what we need.

Wow... I realized I am not alone here.

But what about Averkey? It seem a current solution to what we need.

Not sure as I see that it is for a TV, not computer. You go ahead try that and tell us the outcome result of this product.

Not sure as I see that it is for a TV, not computer. You go ahead try that and tell us the outcome result of this product.

Umm... some deaf individual have successfully set up. I am waiting for network design and will experiment on my own.

Back