authentic- travel question

dogmom

Reaction score
authentic, I love seeing all your travel pictures <!> and led me to wonder how you got started traveling?

is there a place you didn't go yet you want to see?

Who question aimed at...for myself I been privileged see most of world but count me out of Middle East.i seen more of States than most Americans all Europe Australia NZ South Africa.i will be going to luxenberge soon but that my last trip my passport ends this year.i do most on my own but lost confidence do own thing anymore.and with world as it is I hate flying best of times now hate and terrorism put me off.I not clue how put pics up wish I could show you how different places are even though people everywhere the same which is nice..
Deafness never been a problem anywhere

I have a question...do you find good deals in order to be able to travel? It is so expensive so if you have lots of money, then that makes sense but if you are average income like me, give me tips.

Hi dogmom, I was lucky enough to have many good friends who live in Europe where I stay for free. They serve me with delicious breakfast and dinners. Hotels, travel, food can be expensive in Europe. In one situation where I don't have friends in Paris, so I found aparthotel (apartment-hotel) through google so I can do grocery shopping (do research to see if that aparthotel is closer to any food store) and cook at aparthotel instead of hotel + restaurants for 5 nights. That saves me a lot of money. Lunch+drink cost me $10 in Paris....I couldn't resist crepes...yum!

This is what aparthotel in Paris looks like:

16352426.jpg

31221554.jpg

Most of the flights in Europe are cheap, $13 to $100 through easyjet, ryanair, wizzair, and try to avoid large company airlines like Lufthansa, Delta, United, etc. and the price are usually go high during the weekend.

You will need to carry on bags, because they will cost you $50 for luggage. In Poland I rented a car for 5 nights for $110 which include GPS (it is a must!). I would recommend you to rent a car if you plan to travel across its neighbors..for example renting a car from Cologne, Germany to Brussels, Belgium, to Amsterdam, Netherlands takes you about 4 hours, and then drop off car in Amsterdam, fly from Amsterdam to Paris cost you about $25 (if you use carry on luggage, if not, $25+$50 luggage).

Flights from Dusseldorf to Paris cost me $13 through easyjet. From Krakow, Poland to Dusseldorf, Germany cost me $22 through Ryanair.

There are a lot of things for you to see in Europe...museums, attractions don't cost that much except Disneyland in Paris :lol:

Last edited:
:wave: :ty: authentic, for the information and pictures! Looks wonderful and very cost efficient - wow!

So cool that your friends can help you out!

What is your favorite country to visit or do you have one?

I've only been to Canada.

:wave: :ty: authentic, for the information and pictures! Looks wonderful and very cost efficient - wow!

So cool that your friends can help you out!

What is your favorite country to visit or do you have one?

I've only been to Canada.

Last November I have been to 8 different countries in two weeks, and my favorite destination is Amsterdam, Netherlands, it is very beautiful, and I would recommend you to visit there during the summer time so you can swim at North Sea, and Amsterdam is very historical and unique. Paris was OK, not awesome as Amsterdam.

I've been to 45 states, Mexico, Europe, and Asia. My next destination would be Asia, because I have friends who live there....networking really helps. :D

Thanks for the tips! I will use this thread as a reference when I make travel plans.

I love to hike with a backpack. But I basically do not take the camera. I believe that it is impossible to capture the atmosphere of the trip.

I love to hike with a backpack. But I basically do not take the camera. I believe that it is impossible to capture the atmosphere of the trip.

you've already captured it... into your memory. I'm not one of those people who takes 100000000 pix while traveling. I hate to do that. I don't need to show the world about it because I'm sure they've already seen it many times in travel magazines, National Geographic, etc. that have far better professional photos than mine.

I rather enjoy the atmosphere and immerse myself into it than taking 10000 pictures of it.

1. yep. same here, authentic. networking does indeed help. shel was kind enough to let me sleep over when I was in town few years ago... and authentic was kind enough to offer me a place to sleep over in SF when my flights from Colorado were completely fubar'ed due to crazy snowstorm at east coast but I finally found one lucky flight out to DC and stayed over at friend's.

2. if you use a credit card a lot instead of cash... consider getting a travel credit card with annual fee. don't get irked by annual fee (ranging between $99-200) because the point rewards you collect will pay it off itself. I use only one credit card for everything and I get double-points for travel-related expense such as gas, hotel, etc. so far.... I've collected few thousand dollars worth of point rewards and I'm saving it for perhaps... London or Asia.

3. I've heard about https://skiplagged.com/ it's created by this young boy genius. the idea is that you book a flight to somewhere but has a stop-over at the place you want to go. you are not required to complete the whole flight. you can just get off at stop-over and forget about rest of the flight. that genius found that it is actually cheaper that way than getting a flight to where you want to go. that site will help you find a cheaper stop-over flight. sometimes you get lucky, sometimes not. the site is so successful that Orbitz and United sued him and lost.

hmmm what am I forgetting? :hmm:

I found the thread, :ty: to who moved it to correct place.

8 different countries, authentic - wow! Amazing and wonderful!

So Amsterdam, Netherlands is your favorite place, do you go skiing there?
What age did you start traveling?

I've been to many states but not 45. Someone I knew who I used to do Tai Chi with, went to many countries in Asia and told many fascinating stories about his travels. He also went to Africa.

My niece <born in India and adopted> has been to India twice now. She's 18, went on a service trip to work with street kids in India this past Summer. She also went trekking in the Himalayan foothills. She had some awesome photos.

Jiro, :ty: also for the travel tips:)

I have a question...do you find good deals in order to be able to travel? It is so expensive so if you have lots of money, then that makes sense but if you are average income like me, give me tips.

Yes.good deals for instants I stayed 4nights in posh hotel including return flight tickets train tickets to airport 150quid that in Viena.
Hundred quid from my house including flights buyer pest.travel out of season stay little out of city all sorts things can do

I on pension definatly not wealthy I was a nurse

Nurses do so much...what kind of nursing?

Anyway in terms of travel, one of my favorite times was when my mom and I went with some family friends to Canada. We drove in February and took a train ride in the Canadian wilderness. It was beautiful.
http://www.agawatrain.com/

I did theatres mainly eyes..
British airways did charter flight once a year 5 days hotel included £60 I don't know dollor equivalent.
Yesterday young man discovered he could go to Yorkshire via Berlin far cheaper than direct train so he did and had nice day out.More people travel by train but very expensive here unless booked seat.

Hi dogmom, I was lucky enough to have many good friends who live in Europe where I stay for free. They serve me with delicious breakfast and dinners. Hotels, travel, food can be expensive in Europe. In one situation where I don't have friends in Paris, so I found aparthotel (apartment-hotel) through google so I can do grocery shopping (do research to see if that aparthotel is closer to any food store) and cook at aparthotel instead of hotel + restaurants for 5 nights. That saves me a lot of money. Lunch+drink cost me $10 in Paris....I couldn't resist crepes...yum!

This is what aparthotel in Paris looks like:

16352426.jpg

31221554.jpg

Most of the flights in Europe are cheap, $13 to $100 through easyjet, ryanair, wizzair, and try to avoid large company airlines like Lufthansa, Delta, United, etc. and the price are usually go high during the weekend.

You will need to carry on bags, because they will cost you $50 for luggage. In Poland I rented a car for 5 nights for $110 which include GPS (it is a must!). I would recommend you to rent a car if you plan to travel across its neighbors..for example renting a car from Cologne, Germany to Brussels, Belgium, to Amsterdam, Netherlands takes you about 4 hours, and then drop off car in Amsterdam, fly from Amsterdam to Paris cost you about $25 (if you use carry on luggage, if not, $25+$50 luggage).

Flights from Dusseldorf to Paris cost me $13 through easyjet. From Krakow, Poland to Dusseldorf, Germany cost me $22 through Ryanair.

There are a lot of things for you to see in Europe...museums, attractions don't cost that much except Disneyland in Paris :lol:

I have a friend in Wakefield England I would like to visit one day. We met though a pen pal program when I was in Notre Dame Elementry during 7th grade as out English assignment in school. We wrote back and forth over the years, still write occasionally and have called eachother a few times. She went to a well known Ballet school and was also modeling. Id love to go and surprise her one day.

https://skiplagged.com/ it's created by this young boy genius. the idea is that you book a flight to somewhere but has a stop-over at the place you want to go. you are not required to complete the whole flight. you can just get off at stop-over and forget about rest of the flight. that genius found that it is actually cheaper that way than getting a flight to where you want to go. that site will help you find a cheaper stop-over flight. sometimes you get lucky, sometimes not. the site is so successful that Orbitz and United sued him and lost.

:hmm:
Ive read that story awhile back, great advice and guidance there.

Back