Audiologist in Vegas

LadySekhmet

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

Guess who's moving to Las Vegas?! MEeeeeee! :applause:

Here's my little issue...

I will be activated in my right ear next week, :applause:, again. I probably can fit in one more map before my big move...from good old New Jersey.

I absolutely adore my audiologist. However, time are changing, and I need a new CI audiologist in Las Vegas.

My question to y'all is...Do you know any?! There's quite a few on Cochlear's site, but I hate to "shop" around. I need someone that is more understanding about Deaf Culture, and more familiar dealing with Deaf adults. Knowing sign language is a plus (my current one does try her best...though I speak fluently, and lipread fluently), having experience with CI for many years is a big plus.

She/He must deal with Cochlear.

Does anyone know any?
Thanks!

Hmmm......does anyone know if the Deaf School that's opening up in the fall, has a staff audi? That might be a good resource.

I'm not even sure if the school will open up...I thought it is being built in Aug 2008. Am I mistaken?

They have recently found a temporary home - I guess until their new home is built. They expect the school to be in operation for K-3 graders in August.

Did you find a CI audiologist yet?

In Las Vegas? No.

I think what I am going to do is go to Cochlear's Website and find the audiologists and just kind of "shop" around. There's quite a few, and I would hate to go there, and just put up with one person. If she's great, then I'll stay, but if she's just twittering with the controls, then I don't want her/him. I rather someone who is very knowledgeable in CI programming. I'm just picky. :)

Oh well. I'll do my best!

Back