Audiograms and Surgery Tomorrow

DeafAlex

Reaction score
I'm having surgery tomorrow because my eardrums are not moving at all, they're completely flat on the test, whereas before I had a tall peak. They are very painful, especially my left, and especially when I blow my nose, burp, etc. So he's going in tomorrow to clean them out in hopes of helping them work again. He did an Audiogram (this is my ENT, not my Audi) to see if it was affecting my hearing. I know my hearing had decreased before this issue, but don't know how much since I didn't have an appt with my Audi until this Friday. So we'll see after surgery how much of the loss is from the eardrums and how much is my progressive loss. I'm basically not hearing anything, except for 500hz at 110dB in my right ear. All other air conduction is NR. My bone conduction has gotten worse as well. This means my sensorial loss has worsened, yes? Audiograms confuse me so, lol...

ETA: I have my CI evaluation testing at the end of this month at UC Irvine :) Very excited!

June 2012
Audiogram061512_001b_zps4546052f.jpg

3 days ago
Audiogramb_zps7a4eeb85.jpg

Looks painful :( Really hope you get some hearing back when it's all healed. Hope it works.

Tried cleaning the entrance to the ear canals and OMG NAAASTYYY!!! I couldn't even see my eardrums with the otoscope, it's so disgusting and scary looking! Got a bit of nastiness out and called it a night!

Ah no, I'm sure it will settle down soon. How long can you not wear your HA for?

Was supposed to be just a few days after surgery. But I'm sure I have to get that ear completely cleaned out before putting my aid in. So it may be longer; until I work up enough courage to go at it again lol.

Was supposed to be just a few days after surgery. But I'm sure I have to get that ear completely cleaned out before putting my aid in. So it may be longer; until I work up enough courage to go at it again lol.

You sound like my daughter. She had to have her eardrum replaced when she was around 9 or 10 years old. The doctor took a piece of skin from behind her ear to make the eardrum. It took forever, and a friend who encouraged her, to clean that area enough to get the dried blood off.

Got a little more tonight. I think it's jut going to be a slow process due to fear. You nailed it LoveBlue!

Back