Audiogram

Radcliff

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had the problem of the doctor not letting you see your audiogram? Everytime I asked they would always dodge it. They'd say things like "well you have your surgery coming up so I'll go over the results after" and when I opted out of surgery my doctor RETIRED.

Well finally, I had them send over my documents to a different doctor (closer to my school) and got my audiogram. But I don't understand it. It was so frustrating

this happen to me as well.. They never let me see it just explains to me what it is being said. I would like to see it as well have a copy of it. It is MY audiogram. sheesh.... they act like its theirs.

I've not had a problem. I alway ask for a copy, and get it. If I forget to ask while I'm in the office, I email them and they'll email a copy to me.

If you live in the U.S. your audiogram is part of your medical file and you have a right to have a copy.

this happen to me as well.. They never let me see it just explains to me what it is being said. I would like to see it as well have a copy of it. It is MY audiogram. sheesh.... they act like its theirs.

I totally agree. I finally have mine and I'm clueless. they only sent over the newest one, so I don't know how much hearing I've lost.

If you live in the U.S. your audiogram is part of your medical file and you have a right to have a copy.

I live in America. I was having different surgeries to remove the infection I had, and after every surgery my hearing loss got worse along with the infection.

I totally agree. I finally have mine and I'm clueless. they only sent over the newest one, so I don't know how much hearing I've lost.
Can you post your audiogram? If you have been on antibiotics(many are ototoxic), some of your hearing loss could be attributed to it's use.

Can you post your audiogram? If you have been on antibiotics(many are ototoxic), some of your hearing loss could be attributed to it's use.

I was put on a PICC line and my infectious disease doctor said hearing loss was a side effect. And I'll have to get it back from my disability coordinator at my college but sure I can post it.

From what I could tell I was around 70 Db for most frequencies but at 2000 hz there is a significant spike but it drops back down

If your loss is around 70dB for most frequencies than you have a moderately severe to severe hearing loss. Take a look at the "speech banana" and it will become very clear what you have lost. Hearing aids are going to help, but they won't make your hearing like it was before your infection and treatment. You might also want to do a search of the antibiotics you were put on and see how toxic they were to your hearing and if their affects are permanent. Some have a temporary effect but most are permanent.
https://www.clearvaluehearing.com/c...-speech-banana-and-the-sounds-of-human-speech

If your loss is around 70dB for most frequencies than you have a moderately severe to severe hearing loss. Take a look at the "speech banana" and it will become very clear what you have lost. Hearing aids are going to help, but they won't make your hearing like it was before your infection and treatment. You might also want to do a search of the antibiotics you were put on and see how toxic they were to your hearing and if their affects are permanent. Some have a temporary effect but most are permanent.
https://www.clearvaluehearing.com/c...-speech-banana-and-the-sounds-of-human-speech

The antibiotics side effects are permanent, my doctor made sure I was aware of that before doing it. I had no other choice since surgery, steroids and the mountain of other pills were not working. I have a hearing aid for my left ear, but my right ears loss is newer. And I'm in the process of getting the right one. It's been about 6-8 months since the doctors said I recovered.

I had a similar experience with antibiotics. I already had a severe/profound hearing loss in the HF and started to develop pneumonia while I was in the hospital with a broken back and 5 ribs, the antibiotic did it's thing but made my hearing loss worse.

I had a similar experience with antibiotics. I already had a severe/profound hearing loss in the HF and started to develop pneumonia while I was in the hospital with a broken back and 5 ribs, the antibiotic did it's thing but made my hearing loss worse.

The loss in my right ear is 100% because of the antibiotics. My left ear is where my infection was, so I had a lot of surgery on it, my nerve was damaged, one of my inner ear bones was removed.

in fact, that's where my tones are usually is! ;) (as of this year, they are the same as always)

Back