Audiogram results help, Please?

Miaou

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to understand the speech sections. I have tried searching online but I'm still not sure. I don't remember what my Audiologist said.

Speech section:
SDT dB HL [m]
RT 60 [50]

SRT dB HL [m]
RT 60 [50]
LT 30

WRS/SRS 1
% dB HL [m] s/n
RT 50 95 [50]
LT 100 80
---------------

Does it mean I got 50% of the words correct in my right ear? If so, What does the rest mean?

Last edited:
I'm trying to understand the speech sections. I have tried searching online but I'm still not sure. I don't remember what my Audiologist said.

Speech section:
SDT dB HL [m]
RT 60 [50]

SRT dB HL [m]
RT 60 [50]
LT 30

WRS/SRS 1
% dB HL [m] s/n
RT 50 95 [50]
LT 100 80
---------------

Does it mean I got 50% of the words correct in my right ear? If so, What does the rest mean?

Your speech detection threshold (STD)was 60dB meaning that you were aware that a sound was presented, but you may not be able to repeat it.

Your speech recognition threshold (SRT) is the lowest level you could correctly identify words presented to you at least 50% of the time and for this test you required the sound to be at 60dB for your right ear and 30 dB for your left ear.

Your word recognition score (WRS) For your right ear you got 50% right at 95dB and for your left ear you got 100% right at 80dB.

I hope this answers your question.

Your speech detection threshold (STD)was 60dB meaning that you were aware that a sound was presented, but you may not be able to repeat it.

Your speech recognition threshold (SRT) is the lowest level you could correctly identify words presented to you at least 50% of the time and for this test you required the sound to be at 60dB for your right ear and 30 dB for your left ear.

Your word recognition score (WRS) For your right ear you got 50% right at 95dB and for your left ear you got 100% right at 80dB.

I hope this answers your question.

Thank you! It makes a lot more sense to me now. :)

Back