ATTN: Those who wants to do interviews/questions/surveys - Please read this FIRST.

I liked coming up with creative answers to "What does being deaf mean to you?":wave:

Bott, I may have to post some questions just to see your answers. They're always good for a chuckle, and a head scratch or two. :naughty:

Jolie, that's a great post and well explained. I can't help :laugh2: at Jiro and Society's child:laugh2:

Bott, I may have to post some questions just to see your answers. They're always good for a chuckle, and a head scratch or two. :naughty:

Good! I am delighted to answer them.

Except today I am a little down after yesterdays revelations and not feeling creative.

This was a much needed thread, Jolie. If I see one more
"Help I need _____!!" or "Can you answer_______?", I think i'm gonna :run:.

I have a hearing dog and I live in a condo , people drive real fast in our parking lot and the trustees will not put a sign to warn people to watch us for my dog and me. I am trying to get the city to put a sign up on my street,
instead and hope this will remind people to drive slow in our driveway! Does anyone know how I can speed this up! Does this post have spell check
I could not find it!

How about putting all the old ones (questions and answers) into one catagory? That would make it easier for the new people to find it and do the research there.

I think that's an excellent idea but there's one problem - How will we all find these old ones that has already been made through in the past? We see a lot of them in various forum and it would also be a bit time-consuming to search and to gather all of these old ones in one category.

So, I think from now and on - These new ones can be categorized in one place or something like that. :)

I think that's an excellent idea but there's one problem - How will we all find these old ones that has already been made through in the past? We see a lot of them in various forum and it would also be a bit time-consuming to search and to gather all of these old ones in one category.

So, I think from now and on - These new ones can be categorized in one place or something like that. :)

Or we can let you know if we do come across one of them that is not at the new forum and you move it.

Good idea.

As someone who recently took an ASL class, it's obvious that most of them are either afraid of deaf people or don't feel like making the effort to go to deaf coffee chats.

The worst part? Some of them want to be interpreters.

Good idea.

As someone who recently took an ASL class, it's obvious that most of them are either afraid of deaf people or don't feel like making the effort to go to deaf coffee chats.

Conflict of interest, wouldn't you say? :hmm:

and lately....

I am from D/deaf family and fluent in ASL and only here for a friend 'cause they are in ASL classes ....

and then ask questions that anyone in the culture , if fluent and in a strong ASL family, would know.

?
as Lucia would say - WTF

Good idea.

:eek3:

and lately....

I am from D/deaf family and fluent in ASL and only here for a friend 'cause they are in ASL classes ....

and then ask questions that anyone in the culture , if fluent and in a strong ASL family, would know.

?
as Lucia would say - WTF

I thought it was cute. I welcomed her with fingerspell gif. ;)

I gotta admit, I like answering their surveys/questions cuz my life is so dull and boring at times. LOL!

Guess the red flags just went up.

There have been so many that you all have pinned down from the first post/last post as possible posers that I have started looking with a more critical eye as well.

Guess the red flags just went up.

There have been so many that you all have pinned down from the first post/last post as possible posers that I have started looking with a more critical eye as well.

After our late lamented friend, who turned out to be not late, and is no longer lamented, I don't trust any new poster.

Back