At what age do you think people should be permitted to have a driver's license?

At what age do you think people should be permitted to have a driver's license?

• Driving legal at age 16

Votes: 34 45.9%
  • Driving legal at age 18

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • Driving legal at age 21

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • Any other ages than 16, 18 and 21 ?

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
I would hate to see kids not get license until 18. That make they feel so loser. They deserve to cool. :D

my vote is 16 years old

mostly teen girls and boys always got drive license no matter what old is! and kept license for years.

im been learn drive at ages 16 and 17 years old and i would pass this drive class and im using ID i dont like that but i told my mom i can drive simple! than nothing.

Interesting link
Q&As: Teenagers: Underage drinking

National Teen Driving Statistics
Teen Underage Drinking and Impaired Driving prevention programming and education

I would not support my boys with driving school but they should pay driving fee out of their own pocket. Its about moviation.

That is your own pov and it is my own pov and I think each parents should make the decision not u or law makers tell me what to do with my kids. I drove at 16 and got my first ticket at 24. My youngest son got his first ticket at 20 and my other got his ticket for following his girlfriend home and cop thought he was chase other girls when he was 19. They know better not to drink and drive. I taught them very well. I hate to think anyone trrying to control me and tell me how to raise my kids. For one I do not believe those numbers, I see out in reality by knowing who got killed. If the kids should wait till 18 or 21 to get license then they are no better than they were 16. Still inexperiences drivers if they were 18 or 21 to have license. Law here is very strict for any under 18 and I love it because any parents have a right to take their license away if their grade were bad or break any law. Or judge can take their license away too if they broke the law and can not afford to pay the fine. It is only way for them to learn their lesson and grow up. If wait till 18 or 21 then we have no control over them.

I didn't take driver training in public school or with a private driving school. The Navy had a one-week training for military trucks, so I took that course, even though I didn't even have a license. I was allowed to drive military vehicles on the vacant airfield, that's all. After that, I got the state driver's manual, and bought a used VW Bug convertible, and practiced driving. As soon as the learner permit allowed, I took the test. That's how I got my license. I've been driving for about 33 years, and I've never gotten a ticket.

Hubby taught our daughter how to drive when she was 16. She is 33 now, and she also has a clean driving record.

Hubby took driving lessons at his public high school when he was a teenager. He got lots of speeding tickets when he was young. He liked to drag race when he was younger.

So, I don't think it always matters what kind of driver training you get. The important factor is the maturity of the driver, and how seriously they take the rules of the road.

I got driving license when I was 16 years old, and I didn't get the first ticket until 23 years old.
It doesn't matter to any ages when they drive, even adults too. People must be more responsible to drive on their vehicles.

I grew up in one of the largest cities in the western hemisphere. I didn't need any car because the public transportation is everywhere. I had no driver education nor training. I received my CA driver license when I was 21. I took driver test and written exam. I didn't get any ticket yet.

My brother received his very first driver license and it was out of country. It has completely different laws. He went to the mall and asked for driver license. He filled out the form and got an "interview" with a guy who gave him a interview test to make sure he understands the rules of driving. Then he filled out his signature and gave it to my brother. That's how my brother got a driver license at 16. :P

Does driving nearly 50,000 miles for 3 years make you expert?

:o
Hell no!

It depends on the driving conditions you drive in, how differently you drive, etc...

If all you do is drive long distance, that's nothing.

If you drive in rain, snow, ice, sleet, hail, fog, etc... through mud, gravel, curvy roads, mountains, hills, etc... through heavy traffic, light traffic, in reverse, curves, bumps, etc... all help you improve and become a better driver through experience. :)

I think it should be either 18 or 21 of age to drive. Because, i always watched news tv and there were many teenagers had car accidents.

I read some posts in here and I'm so surprise that other countries are so different than my own country. Some posts seem more safety and well. I'll forward into read some more here, so i will learn more. :)

*reading some posts*

I think it should be either 18 or 21 of age to drive. Because, i always watched news tv and there were many teenagers had car accidents.

I read some posts in here and I'm so surprise that other countries are so different than my own country. Some posts seem more safety and well. I'll forward into read some more here, so i will learn more. :)

*reading some posts*

Add some opinions --

I am really thinking it should to have legal driving at 18 years old (or maybe 21). Why? I believe that people will mature enough to take care of themselves and to know what they to do. But, my gut feels it should be 21 for more safety. i'm not sure about the age to be legal. :)

Add some opinions --

I am really thinking it should to have legal driving at 18 years old (or maybe 21). Why? I believe that people will mature enough to take care of themselves and to know what they to do. But, my gut feels it should be 21 for more safety. i'm not sure about the age to be legal. :)

Yes I second that.

My children's education COME first before driving school. I don't support my children with driving school fee but themselves... They should work to earn themselves to pay driving school fee... it's about their moviation, not too easy... It's too easy for the children if the parents do everything for them... No way...

I want to see if they CAN do that themselves by their own willing until they pass driving test then they will get a second hand small cars from us. (They won't know that we will get car for them but surprised). Driving school fee is not very cheap here in Germany. I linked about the price in first or second pages of this thread.

Yes I second that.

My children's education COME first before driving school. I don't support my children with driving school fee but themselves... They should work to earn themselves to pay driving school fee... it's about their moviation, not too easy... It's too easy for the children if the parents do everything for them... No way...

I want to see if they CAN do that themselves by their own willing until they pass driving test then they will get a second hand small cars from us. (They won't know that we will get car for them but surprised). Driving school fee is not very cheap here in Germany. I linked about the price in first or second pages of this thread.

I now lean to 21 of age to be legal. Why?

"My children's education COME first before driving school. I don't support my children with driving school fee but themselves... They should work to earn themselves to pay driving school fee... it's about their moviation, not too easy... It's too easy for the children if the parents do everything for them... No way... "

True. I am strongly positive that number of age, 21, should be good reason to be legal. :thumb:

Yes.. I read those some. I actually like this. Why? To have a high price to pay it so people will take a responality (sp) and more careful. It would lead to have a smart choice. Just thought.
I'm quiet surprise you dont get linecse until 29! I honsetly admit that I dont drive yet, even I will be 21 soon. XD I feel better little more when I read some of your posts. lol
It's almost all of my friends are drivers and many friends think I should to have car by now because of my age is "late". *sighs* No... it's not matter how old person is. :dunno:

Importance is making a right thing for myself. :)

I now lean to 21 of age to be legal. Why?

"My children's education COME first before driving school. I don't support my children with driving school fee but themselves... They should work to earn themselves to pay driving school fee... it's about their moviation, not too easy... It's too easy for the children if the parents do everything for them... No way... "

True. I am strongly positive that number of age, 21, should be good reason to be legal. :thumb:

Yes.. I read those some. I actually like this. Why? To have a high price to pay it so people will take a responality (sp) and more careful. It would lead to have a smart choice. Just thought.
I'm quiet surprise you dont get linecse until 29! I honsetly admit that I dont drive yet, even I will be 21 soon. XD I feel better little more when I read some of your posts. lol
It's almost all of my friends are drivers and many friends think I should to have car by now because of my age is "late". *sighs* No... it's not matter how old person is. :dunno:

Importance is making a right thing for myself. :)

Exactly, I am with you on this one...:h5:

Yes I got my first driving liescne at age 29 due driving school expenses. I saved up for driving liecsne and got it successful... I am proud because I did it... that's why I want to do the same to my children. They should do it themselves. Its' about moviation and their money to make them mature more.

Yes, you are right that it has nothing do with ages but important is consider yourself and follow your heart either you really want to have a car or not... or plenty of time to get a car... A lot of people got their first driving liescne between 21 and 40 years old here in Germany.

Add some opinions --

Yeah right. I knew someone got killed at age 24 by driving 100 mph two months ago so don't tell me 18 or 21 are more mature than 16. It is individual who need to grow up whether they are 30 or 25 or 16.
Why should 21 be for anyone then how come 18 or 20 cant go to school or work? They do not stay live with their parents forever. U tell me my son can not drive to work and work on the cars that is his job and drive customers cars to see it runs allright? My husband finally grew up after he turned 45ish with his driving, umm maybe not he still drive fast sometime.

Back