AT&T's new data plans - not good news.

Ah, man, y'all gotta to kidding with me, I'm planning to get Iphone for the first time this summer.

What model name of your mobile?

Samsung Epix with Windows Mobile 6.1

well, sprint havent changed anything yet and its about same what you are paying now. If you go with them, you get a "locked in rate" for 2 years so nothing to worry about.

I've heard too many horror stories of Sprint, so I don't know.

Ah, man, y'all gotta to kidding with me, I'm planning to get Iphone for the first time this summer.

No kidding, want iPhone so you may have wait until tomorrow to hear about WWDC.

Two of my hearing kids and their spouses are on Sprint. They love it. I quit Verizon because our local store was so rude. I may go to see what Sprint has to offer. One son has had it for about 4 years with no trouble. I am using a pay as you go now for text only. It has been ok but I miss the other stuff. I was planning to see about AT&T, but I think this post stopped that idea.

It's true. Lot of hearing people made negative about Sprint for poor coverage for voice and bills are cheat from sprint.com

But most deaf use sprintrelaystore.com and both are different customer service and dept.

I can use VP to talk customer service and they are very clear with ASL and very friendly. I noticed sprint.com's customer service don't know nothing about Deaf plan but sprintrelaystore.com done.

really?! none on my side here. Been on sprint for 3 years now,will be 4. I picked sprint since it had better coverage, singnals acutally works in my house, other providers is either poor or costs more. Havent had any real problems, only when switching pagers models, but a phone call resolves all that.

Good thing I never member of AT&T for carrier before.

I miss my old day when I had Nokia 8220 on tethering via bluetooth. Had unlimited data for only $40 on unlimited SMS and data. It was fancy setting and use anywhere pretty much. Why... it make much easy for me to use on AIM at most of time and few website I need to visit.

I am wonder about the new iphone Video chat that use data plan or will name 'Video Chat' minutes? It would interesting how thing going change for all of us... mean hearing and deaf too

I am wonder about the new iphone Video chat that use data plan or will name 'Video Chat' minutes? It would interesting how thing going change for all of us... mean hearing and deaf too

But the new FaceTime app brings video calling to the iPhone. It's WiFi-only. Steve says Apple needs to work with carriers to support it on 3G. I will find out other video chatting apps.

But the new FaceTime app brings video calling to the iPhone. It's WiFi-only. Steve says Apple needs to work with carriers to support it on 3G. I will find out other video chatting apps.

yeah during UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA, at&t aren't ready yet..

I believe I read somewhere that videochat is for Wi-fi only. This mean you can only use it in hotspots or your local home that have a wireless router.

I believe I read somewhere that videochat is for Wi-fi only. This mean you can only use it in hotspots or your local home that have a wireless router.

But FaceTime app is for iPhone to iPhone only.

Serious... why are you worry? It has nothing with TAP for deaf at moment. Just wait and worry later.

I have no problem with sprint since I bought new blackberry curve two years ago and I still love it! still plan to buy HTC evo this fall when my contract will be expired :D I love sprint!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Zero, I believe that the facetime (video chat) use data usage, but could be used via wifi without usage charge..

att.com said:
Unlimited Wi-Fi included in all plans
Each AT&T smartphone data plan includes unlimited Wi-Fi access, which lets you use Wi-Fi in the home, office, or at public locations without it counting against your monthly usage total. We also offer unlimited access to more than 20,000 AT&T Hotspots. at no additional charge to smartphone and iPad customers with qualifying data plans.

New Smartphone * Data Plans *

Try the *Data Usage*..

I had too many clients that got burned by Sprint way too many times...

And Sprint Relay cannot type/spell for crap still !!!

As many of you already know, existing Smartphone customers who already have a Smartphone data unlimited plan on their account will be allowed to keep their existing data plan should they choose, even if upgrading their device to another Smartphone; this includes ALL Smartphone Operating Systems such as iPhone, BlackBerry, Android, Windows Mobile, webOS and Symbian. So, if you currently have a smartphone, such as a BlackBerry and would like to upgrade/switch to another smartphone like an iPhone, you can do so without losing your current Smartphone data unlimited plan.
Source from att forums

XBGMER and zerodog,

No, if the iPhone is connected via WIFI then there's no data usage via AT&T's network so in other word, it's free. Right now FaceTime is limited to WIFI only in 2010 and iPhone 4 to iPhone 4 only. in 2011, FaceTime may be allowed to go over cellular network, that's because not all network are ready for it (not just AT&T).

So if you have WIFI at home, use it! if you are at one of hotspot, use it! I always take advantage of WIFI hotspots and use cellular when outside of WIFI range so that way we don't go over the limit. That's why we consumed less data bandwidth due to WIFI and that's why many customers complained paying too much for "unlimited" when they used less so they want to pay less so AT&T change the Data rate.

If one use WIFI often, then use 200mb plan if use 50/50 then go for 2GB plan not expensive.

Text messaging is still unlimited if on TAP plan for new customers.

Back