AT&T DSL Customers

I stand corrected!
After checking my paperwork they changed me from DSL Lite to DSL Ultra for the free one year. Then it stayed at Ultra without my permission to keep the change. No one came out to my house so I didn't get the box you're showing. I guess they upped me to the max the twisted pair would carry.

Still I wonder about the comment the AT&T rep made about everyone will be on Uverse by the end of the year. I don't know if that includes dry loop DSL or not.

Thanks for your corrections!

I stand corrected!
After checking my paperwork they changed me from DSL Lite to DSL Ultra for the free one year. Then it stayed at Ultra without my permission to keep the change. No one came out to my house so I didn't get the box you're showing. I guess they upped me to the max the twisted pair would carry.

Still I wonder about the comment the AT&T rep made about everyone will be on Uverse by the end of the year. I don't know if that includes dry loop DSL or not.

Thanks for your corrections!

Its probly a "Figure of Speech" meaning once people realize how fast the service is and with attractive package deals "everyone" MIGHT have it by the end of the year IF they can afford service at all.... so the claim is false since not Everyone can afford to have internet, cell phones and all those other goodies. Reps make their money on sales pitch commissions.

Regular DSL is run through the telephone lines whereas Uverse is run through cables which makes it faster.

I would like to let you know that Uverse IS NOT cable. It is same as DSL but faster. It is still go through telephone line!
And some area where you can get 300mbps or higher/Gigapower, it is Fiber optic line.

Im sure you guys already saw 2Wire Uverse modem with cable out. That cable is for connecting tv set-top boxes or you like.. cable box. Many installers stop using that coaxial cable and go with ethernet cable for Uverse settop box(cable box).

I used to be Att DSL customer and they force me to switch to Uverse. I hate it and I cannot go back to DSL. Att is killing DSL where Uverse is available. They gave me chunky 2Wire 3600 gateway modem that is almost as a thick book! I left Att for TWC and never look back

I would like to let you know that Uverse IS NOT cable. It is same as DSL but faster. It is still go through telephone line!
And some area where you can get 300mbps or higher/Gigapower, it is Fiber optic line.

Im sure you guys already saw 2Wire Uverse modem with cable out. That cable is for connecting tv set-top boxes or you like.. cable box. Many installers stop using that coaxial cable and go with ethernet cable for Uverse settop box(cable box).

We have an AT&T box here where I live, and my roommate's UVerse box is connected to that box. It is NOT cable wire run, like mine is with Comcast. AT&T and Comcast use different technology to run their software and hardware, and neither are anywhere near alike. And also, AT&T WiFi is much faster than Comcast's is, but I don't use either, given the fact that I travel so much.

You should have one of these open air designed (if upgraded to the faster 300mbps) its 12" square and about 1-1/2" thick, notice the thick white cable near the lower back, it is not flexible like a standard satellite cable, it is a lot more ridged.

I am talking about TV receiver. I saw TV receiver can connect to any Uverse router/gateways via WIFI. Wow, it is new technology.

Do you try TV receiver at your home ever?

I noticed nearly most Uverse router/gateways don't have cable line anymore, because TV receiver has WIFI which it connect onto router/gateways.

I used to be Att DSL customer and they force me to switch to Uverse. I hate it and I cannot go back to DSL. Att is killing DSL where Uverse is available. They gave me chunky 2Wire 3600 gateway modem that is almost as a thick book! I left Att for TWC and never look back

I think AT&T still is expanding from old DSL to new Uverse high speed internet in their area from each states.

I heard that they have expanding up to 1Gbps on Uverse high speed internet this year. It surely is very expensive price on 1Gbps.

I stayed at a friend's for several months due to the housing remodeling situation I was in. They used AT&T U-Verse and used WIFI for both TV and Internet... I didn't like it... once a while I lose connections. I've been Comcast customer for almost 15 years and had minimal issues and the cable is much stable than DSL.

Wrong... Uverse does not use your standard phone lines, even the base Uverse uses the optics....we know ,had it, still ran completely new lines in our other house...nothing you have will work on those lines unless you have the correct connections.

that little 2wire uses regular DSL/standard phone lines.

I am talking about TV receiver. I saw TV receiver can connect to any Uverse router/gateways via WIFI. Wow, it is new technology.

Do you try TV receiver at your home ever?

I noticed nearly most Uverse router/gateways don't have cable line anymore, because TV receiver has WIFI which it connect onto router/gateways.

Each of our TV's are wireless, there is a new box for each one of them that connects wirelessly at a cental location ( our main...server I guess you call it, nothing like we had before with dsl or the base Uverse. All different equipment.

We haven't loss any connections since getting Uverse over a year now. With the old DSL we lost connections a few times a week on wireless stuff, not anymore.
Also due to interferences ( concrete walls, electronics, ect...) the main center should be in a central location so it is somewhat equal distance to all products connected.

Wrong... Uverse does not use your standard phone lines, even the base Uverse uses the optics....we know ,had it, still ran completely new lines in our other house...nothing you have will work on those lines unless you have the correct connections.

Uverse DOES use phone line and fiberoptic in limited area. New line or not, it is same old telephone wire. Get your fact straight. Those 2Wire is also used for Uverse! 2Wire 3600, 2Wire 3800, 2Wire/Pace 3801.. You may have Pace 5031, Motorola NVG 510, Motorola NVG 589

2Wire-3800HGV-B-rear.jpg
The green cable(7) connected to a telephone line.

Last edited:
Uverse DOES use phone line and fiberoptic in limited area. New line or not, it is same old telephone wire. Get your fact straight. Those 2Wire is also used for Uverse! 2Wire 3600, 2Wire 3800, 2Wire/Pace 3801.. You may have Pace 5031, Motorola NVG 510, Motorola NVG 589

2Wire-3800HGV-B-rear.jpg
The green cable(7) connected to a telephone line.

I can read...can you? #6 is broadband...NOT A FIBER OPTIC. .
* CORRECTION... YES, YOURE RUNNING dsl LEVEL
I am running fiber optic level. You have that option, but guess you are running a slower speed as well. I just checked and we have a phone line connection but that is only for system information with the service provider to trouble shoot as I am told. Here is ours...

Attachments

• Photo3809.jpg
    Photo3809.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 16
Used to? This is actually the new.....Unless you mean you no longer have service?

No, I mean, I used to have a version of Uverse up until a couple years ago. Before that, I watched the fiber optic line being put up on my street.

I have DirecTV now....

I do not know but think there might be differences in the equipment installed if the customer just signs up for Uverse Internet Service and if they also sign up for Uverse TV as well as Uverse Internet Service.

I just have DSL from AT&T and use an outdoor antenna for TV. I have NO paid TV service of any kind!!!

I can read...can you? #6 is broadband...NOT A FIBER OPTIC. .
* CORRECTION... YES, YOURE RUNNING dsl LEVEL
I am running fiber optic level. You have that option, but guess you are running a slower speed as well. I just checked and we have a phone line connection but that is only for system information with the service provider to trouble shoot as I am told. Here is ours...

I was right you moron. That Broadband port is for fiber optic WHICH YOU DONT HAVE! I guarantee you if you unplugged the phone line, internet/tv will stop working. DO IT
I just checked and we have a phone line connection but that is only for system information with the service provider to trouble shoot as I am told. Here is ours...
Well I guess ATT lie to you then :) Your 2Wire 3800 is still connected to phone line!

I was right you moron. That Broadband port is for fiber optic WHICH YOU DONT HAVE! I guarantee you if you unplugged the phone line, internet/tv will stop working. DO IT

Well I guess ATT lie to you then :) Your 2Wire 3800 is still connected to phone line!

u moron, fiber optics are not wires.... look again. Im not connected to a phone line as we don't have home service (use cells) the line that's connected is for trouble shooting issues...u moron. SO, you were and ARE wrong still, U Moron.

To clarify, I did pull the phone line plug, still work, I pulled the cable and there is light emitted, its not a thick wire..... like you apparently think. Also I was talking alongside the installer, he showed me and also explained not to make any sharp bends as it will break the optics.

Back