ASL Student Seeking dDeaf participants for research paper interviews

mjperezo

Reaction score
Hi all!! My name is MJ, and I'm a hearing student at the University of Houston. I aim to become an ASL Interpreter, reach a Master BEI certification, and eventually learn International Sign. I desire to do this to better help the hearing world understand the dDeaf community and raise the positive influence signing has on the human situation.

I'm currently researching for a paper regarding the effect globalization has had on dDeaf communities. I'm interested in how dDeaf people communicate with each other worldwide and where each person originates. This is my first attempt at research but this will be copied and pasted across multiple dDeaf forums.

Would you mind replying with your:
1. place of birth, age, hearing status (born deaf, gradually went deaf, HoH, etc.)
3. first language
4. current language
5. any interaction with someone who does not share a common language
6. your opinion on ASL
7. your opinion on International Sign (IS)

In advance, I want to say thank you to anyone who participates. If you are not comfortable answering these questions on a public forum, please feel free to email me at mjperezo@CougarNet.UH.EDU

Hi all!! My name is MJ, and I'm a hearing student at the University of Houston. I aim to become an ASL Interpreter, reach a Master BEI certification, and eventually learn International Sign. I desire to do this to better help the hearing world understand the dDeaf community and raise the positive influence signing has on the human situation.

I'm currently researching for a paper regarding the effect globalization has had on dDeaf communities. I'm interested in how dDeaf people communicate with each other worldwide and where each person originates. This is my first attempt at research but this will be copied and pasted across multiple dDeaf forums.

Would you mind replying with your:
1. place of birth, age, hearing status (born deaf, gradually went deaf, HoH, etc.)
3. first language
4. current language
5. any interaction with someone who does not share a common language
6. your opinion on ASL
7. your opinion on International Sign (IS)

In advance, I want to say thank you to anyone who participates. If you are not comfortable answering these questions on a public forum, please feel free to email me at mjperezo@CougarNet.UH.EDU
Please email me the questions,so that way I won’t have to go back and forth to see the questions. My email is geerkorey@gmail.co
Also I believe I have sent you some previous messages,Did you recieve those ok?

Please email me the questions,so that way I won’t have to go back and forth to see the questions. My email is geerkorey@gmail.co
Also I believe I have sent you some previous messages,Did you recieve those ok?
Unfortunately, back then I did not receive anything from you. And I am no longer looking for answers to those questions but I'm super glad you were willing to answer them! Thank you for replying to my message albeit I saw you're reply too late.

Back