ASL professor and programmer

whitneyscottasl

Reaction score
I work at Tyler Junior College teaching ASL. I joined the Deaf community when I was about 25. I wish I had known about it earlier! I grew up in hearing schools, but really found a need for something different in high school.
I program on the side - creating an app for practicing ASL vocabulary. Looking forward to meeting you all!

Hi in march i got really sick and ended up hospitalized. When I went to hospital i had great hearing however the drs found infection in my whole body teeth and brain. To get the infection out They had to pull all of my teeth. One of my heart valves stated to get damaged by the infection in my body to where i had open heart surgery after the surgery i had multipls strokes and seizures and was on hardcore antibiotics. At some point i lost my hearing however drs dont know how why or if it will ever return at all. They thought i would die in the hospital or be a vegetable the rest of my life. I am now almost back to my old self but have not had any improvement in hearin. I do t know any ASL but would love to learn so i can still comunicate with my 7 year old daughter... I am only 26 years young so this is alot for me and my family. If you could help please let me know... Thank you for your time

The infection and hard core antibiotics is a common story, on the home page find Our World Our culture click on that
Hi in march i got really sick and ended up hospitalized. When I went to hospital i had great hearing however the drs found infection in my whole body teeth and brain. To get the infection out They had to pull all of my teeth. One of my heart valves stated to get damaged by the infection in my body to where i had open heart surgery after the surgery i had multipls strokes and seizures and was on hardcore antibiotics. At some point i lost my hearing however drs dont know how why or if it will ever return at all. They thought i would die in the hospital or be a vegetable the rest of my life. I am now almost back to my old self but have not had any improvement in hearin. I do t know any ASL but would love to learn so i can still comunicate with my 7 year old daughter... I am only 26 years young so this is alot for me and my family. If you could help please let me know... Thank you for your time
Infection and hardcore antibiotics common story, on home page click on Our World Our culture, then on late onset deafness, 80+ pages of stories, may give you some comfort, it helps to know your not alone, you can personally message any one whose story identify with, blessings to you :welcome:

Back