ASL practice friends?

Maddie77

Reaction score
Hi all, new to this group, would anyone be interested in chatting via zoom or skype or even snapchat videos occasionally to practice ASL? I used to use ASL all the time when I worked in a D/HH classroom, but it has been over a year since then and I've lost a lot of my skills, I want to relearn ASL and would love to be able to better interact with the deaf congregants at my church. It's also just the coolest language! Let me know if you're interested!

About me--I'm 24, a special education teacher, live in Central Standard Time zone. I love learning languages but my shyness inhibits me from practicing with native speakers. I'm a Christian and love to read and write, also.

Hiii!

I’m new to this too and I wrote you like two paragraphs, and then when I went to send it it made me re-sign up or something, but my message disappeared.

But same girl same! Short version this time

I’m Amanda! 28, live in Florida with my two dogs and Guinea pig!

I use asl to communicate with my friends, I have a few deaf friends that I absolutely adore.

But let’s connect! I don’t have Facebook or Instagram but however else you want to connect. Now sure if you can send a chat here, or email. ☺️

I deff would love an accountability partner to be practicing my sign with!

Until then, take care!

Hi all, new to this group, would anyone be interested in chatting via zoom or skype or even snapchat videos occasionally to practice ASL? I used to use ASL all the time when I worked in a D/HH classroom, but it has been over a year since then and I've lost a lot of my skills, I want to relearn ASL and would love to be able to better interact with the deaf congregants at my church. It's also just the coolest language! Let me know if you're interested!

About me--I'm 24, a special education teacher, live in Central Standard Time zone. I love learning languages but my shyness inhibits me from practicing with native speakers. I'm a Christian and love to read and write, also.
Hi I’m HOH but new to ASL! I could Snapchat, zoom or Skype with you if you’d like! I also have Facebook if you’d like to talk or send videos on there too

Hello everyone!
I am new as well!
My name is Audra, I am also interested in refreshing and improving my signing. It's been a while since I've used it, but interestingly enough, life has put me in a situation where, now, I have to use it. (Health issues... long story)
I also live in Florida, CST zone. I have a love for animals, and all things crafty!

Would anyone be interested in a zoom meeting- coffee, snacks, and signing- this weekend? I am available in the afternoons. If you're interested, DM me and we can talk more!

Stay well

Hello!!!
I’m very new to ASL as well and would love to make a new friend to practice with! I could only do Snapchat though cause zoom doesn’t like my phone.

Hi, I am new to ASL , I was interested in language art, I picked up some from YouTube couple years ago, a month ago, I met someone in a clinic and tried to communicate with him with my limited words to sign,it was embarrassing, lol , however I made him happy and I was very happy too. I can use either zoom or Snapchat . I am an artist who loves singing and dancing as well.

Hello everyone!
I am new as well!
My name is Audra, I am also interested in refreshing and improving my signing. It's been a while since I've used it, but interestingly enough, life has put me in a situation where, now, I have to use it. (Health issues... long story)
I also live in Florida, CST zone. I have a love for animals, and all things crafty!

Would anyone be interested in a zoom meeting- coffee, snacks, and signing- this weekend? I am available in the afternoons. If you're interested, DM me and we can talk more!

Stay well
where in Florida? I'm looking also for someone to practice but i rather do it in person. i am in Dania Beach

I am HOH and new to ASL, I just started to learn, but I am so interested in it and I've been trying to pick it up quickly. Would love to practice over zoom!

Hi! I'm slowly improving on my ASL skills and would like to zoom to improve my ASL! Take care!

Would love to practice with any and all of you! Sounds like we all have a lot in common. I'm also in my 20s and love animals!! I live in NY (EST) I am hearing and I'm at a basic intermediate level of ASL. Hope we can all connect soon

where in Florida? I'm looking also for someone to practice but i rather do it in person. i am in Dania Beach
Hi, I'm in Jupiter, FL and also looking for people to practice with. Wondering if you found any local opportunities/groups that meet in person?

I'm 25 years old, I would love to get back my ASL skills too!

Would love to practice with any and all of you! Sounds like we all have a lot in common. I'm also in my 20s and love animals!! I live in NY (EST) I am hearing and I'm at a basic intermediate level of ASL. Hope we can all connect soon
Hello Isabel,

I can’t remember if I contacted you before or not. But anyway,I’m Korey Deaf) and fluent in ASL.Do you need my assistance in ASL.I’m pretty flexible.Please private message and we can setup a time to meet.

Hello Mary Jean,

My name is Korey ( Deaf) and fluent in ASL.if you want help with ASL.Please private message me. I’m pretty flexible.
Hi Korey
I am on the West coast California and am HOH and wear Hearing AIDS
I am looking for someon to work with me on learning ASL the colleges here since Covid don’t offer many options and I really have a lot of questions and would love someone to show me where to begin

Hi Korey
I am on the West coast California and am HOH and wear Hearing AIDS
I am looking for someon to work with me on learning ASL the colleges here since Covid don’t offer many options and I really have a lot of questions and would love someone to show me where to begin
Yes,I can help.When are you available to meet? I would like to meet on messenger if that’s ok. Please email me at geerkorey@gmail.com

hey i have been looking for a practice buddy for ever!

Hiii!

I’m new to this too and I wrote you like two paragraphs, and then when I went to send it it made me re-sign up or something, but my message disappeared.

But same girl same! Short version this time

I’m Amanda! 28, live in Florida with my two dogs and Guinea pig!

I use asl to communicate with my friends, I have a few deaf friends that I absolutely adore.

But let’s connect! I don’t have Facebook or Instagram but however else you want to connect. Now sure if you can send a chat here, or email. ☺️

I deff would love an accountability partner to be practicing my sign with!

Until then, take care!
Would you like to help me get my signing better if you can and want to please send me a message at 385-230-1038 say "i want to help you sign" thank you

hi! Im asya and is hard of hearing, I'm looking for a buddy to practice ASL with over zoom. I'm hoping to head off to college for sign language and would like a little more knowledge before doing so. (I know a few signs already, but am trying to push to know more, PLZ DM me if your interested)

Back