ASL multimedia project

Radcliff

Reaction score
Hello guys! It definitely has been a while since I last posted, I have been really busy. I opted out of having another surgery to attempt to rebuild my ear, but my nephew has had his surgery to receive a Cochlear Implant (he's two). He will never be able to fully hear since he only has one nerve and it is severely underdeveloped, but the doctors are impressed with the reactions so far.

I am currently a college freshman now because my doctor finally allowed me to return to school (I had an extremely rare disease for those who do not know). I have had a hard time adjusting to college life with my hearing loss, and since I lost my hearing roughly a year and a half ago, my ASL is not strong. Especially since I put off learning because I had a hard time accepting my conditions and had multiple surgeries in hopes to repair my hearing. My current school does not offer ASL classes either, so I haven't been studying as much as I'd like. I am at 18 credit hours and I am taking Course assistant classes to teach next year so I hardly have time to do anything.

This leads me to the topic on hand, I chose Deaf culture as my topic in my English class, I have written a personal narrative about how I acquired my hearing loss, I evaluated my school's disabilities office, I wrote an argumentative and a persuasive essay on ASL's presence in school and how it needs to increase, but I am having a hard time coming up with a media project for the topic. I was possibly thinking a video in ASL, but I am not gifted in that area as i mentioned before. I also do not think a photo essay would be effective since it would not allow for movement.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I would really appreciate it.

Back