idiom: "what's happening?"
in english this means: what's up
how to sign it: a twenty five hand on both hands.
start on your chest and lift your hands up.
your facial expression should be: a question face
"i completely forgot"
how to sign: index finger points to forehead
then twenty five hand moves across forehead
facial expression: looks kinda sorry/sad
That's not an idiom that's a sign. Idioms are typically a combination of two signs, for example: mind+freeze or mind+escape.
Hi We are all ASL first year students and we had an assignment to find ASL idioms, we were supposed to look on ASLpro.com which gave us these examples which appear to be wrong but i am really interested in learning could you please tell me exactly what an idiom is??
Idioms ( In a hurry due to new granddaughter and busy )
1. "Legs in air" = Suddenly taken sick.
2. "I, I, I," repeatedly on chest = Egotistical
3. " Train Gone Sorry" or "Ship Sailed" = Already been discussed.
4. "Finish, Touch" = Been there and done that
5. "Vomit" = I hate that
6. "Swallow pride" = I feel like a fool..
Anybody else who wants to help the students feel free and I need an assistant for a day or two!! :P