ASL only

• Yes

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 48.3%

• Total voters

Frisky Feline

Reaction score
Do you use american sign language on a regular basis?

I voted yes, but it is not my complete mode of communication. I use other as well.

Clarify this question that you tend to use ASL everyday more than using your voice. I will say, hardly use voice at all. ;)

I voted yes. Without it, my lfe wouldn't be this good.

I'd say yes but I also can use other systems fairly effectively if needed, including ham acting, lol. After all, there are deafies of every stripe, right?

I'd say yes but I also can use other systems fairly effectively if needed, including ham acting, lol. After all, there are deafies of every stripe, right?

But they all belong to warring factions. :wave:

But they all belong to warring factions. :wave:

I don't war with them over their personal choices as we have other, better things to do to improve our lot in life, especially for the babies.

[yt]T9J8i2pec0A[/yt]

Yup, me too I must use ASL everyday. sometimes my co workers know nothing asl and i still sign to them anyway. but, some of them got it some what i was talking about. one co worker came to me and showed what she signed that her daughter keeps telling her. I said, "that sign means more." she said, " ohhhhhh!, she wanted more something."

I am using more ASL as I learn it, but my family gave up learning it again, and so I do it for myself at home to practice and not lose it. I use it with deaf socials and deaf movie night. Most places I go to, no one knows ASL so they wouldn't understand.

I voted no, mainly for those reasons. I really wish to use it more, but either I don't know enough or it's not understood wherever I go except for 2 places.

I voted yes, but what I use on a regular basis may not exactly be ASL because I'm still learning the language. :D

By "regular" I mean probably a couple hours a day when signing to my son and family.

I see ASL only is the choice. I voted no. I use much more.

voice with my family/work/old friends and ASL with my friends

Back