Artificial meat grown in lab – on plates within five years?

One more reason to fish...

I can't trust corporates with pre-made food being healthy for us, let alone how they treat animals... Why should I trust them with artificial meat?

One more reason to fish...

I can't trust corporates with pre-made food being healthy for us, let alone how they treat animals... Why should I trust them with artificial meat?

Let clinical trials and FDA approval take care of this. We already eat all kinds of processed foods anyway. I bet artificial meats will be far safer than the real thing. Eventually, animal right groups will call for a ban on slaughtering live animals. Ill support the ban because artificial meat will make cruelity to animals a moot point and totally senseless. Im not a vegetarian and im all for meat, but will welcome artificial meat with open mouth! :D

Yeah.. No. No processed for me. Except canned tomatoes and coconut milk... and things like that. The FDA/CFIA guidelines are the reason why I won't touch processed food nowadays.

Very much like a "cloned" animal labeling on meat package. As long as they don't plan on to add some kind of 'booster' or some muscle enchanting drugs that can affect our health. They mentioned that they use electricity to "exercise" muscle so that it's like any other animal muscles that we buy. It'll be unnoticeable.

I sure hope FDA know what they're doing and hope they clean up their own "mess" before they approves or disapprove foods.

Catty

Why am I reminded of that bad vampire movie, they had people farms?? Ewww
It is bad enough to see factory farms where animals are mistreated, but lab tables full of twitchy electro stimulated meat? (white tables, bright light, mechanoid workers - zap, twitch, gross)
Replicators, Harlan Ellison, fake food. The GMO stuff did not turn out so well, I dunno, think I will be with Souggy on this item. Guess I am just too old for all this. I had rather farm than clone. Pass the fish/carrots?? ugh

Why am I reminded of that bad vampire movie, they had people farms?? Ewww
It is bad enough to see factory farms where animals are mistreated, but lab tables full of twitchy electro stimulated meat? (white tables, bright light, mechanoid workers - zap, twitch, gross)
Replicators, Harlan Ellison, fake food. The GMO stuff did not turn out so well, I dunno, think I will be with Souggy on this item. Guess I am just too old for all this. I had rather farm than clone. Pass the fish/carrots?? ugh

I ever wonder if they will allow Field trips for kids to see how meat are made :ugh::barf: :eek: or "How it made" on TV show. Would it gross out kids!!

:rofl2:

Catty

Um, I would rather real animal meat..thank you.

I wouldn't want to eat artificial meat. I doubt the artificial meat company will lists all the ingredients that are added in artificial meat for people to read the label on the meat package before buying it from food stores.

I wouldn't want to eat artificial meat. I doubt the artificial meat company will lists all the ingredients that are added in artificial meat for people to read the label on the meat package before buying it from food stores.

List of ingredients are required by law in US.

You might have to relocate to a developing country for that once America bans the slaughtering of animals.

Not nice, I doubt that they will ban on slaughtering of animals, it never going be happen.

it depends... how identical will it be compared to real beef?

if it is virtually identical nutrition wise and FDA approves it, then i dont mind trying it.

I ever wonder if they will allow Field trips for kids to see how meat are made :ugh::barf: :eek: or "How it made" on TV show. Would it gross out kids!!

:rofl2:

Catty

I would make a whole new vegetarian generation.

Let clinical trials and FDA approval take care of this. We already eat all kinds of processed foods anyway. I bet artificial meats will be far safer than the real thing. Eventually, animal right groups will call for a ban on slaughtering live animals. Ill support the ban because artificial meat will make cruelity to animals a moot point and totally senseless. Im not a vegetarian and im all for meat, but will welcome artificial meat with open mouth! :D

Hmm, While it is true that there are so many processed foods out there for millions of people to eat on; but, How exactly do you know that artificial meats would be far safer than the real thing? I, for one, am skeptical about this because even though if it were to be approved by the FDA; Things has been known to be recalled post FDA's approval. This is what makes me wary about it.

don't be pre-judge until you actual try it and see how you like it or not after FDA approve.

I like the idea because I have seen thousand cows and they been give lot of poops and smell naughty. It required more job for cowboys or someonw to keep them clean as they don't get diease or they would turn mad cow.

I'm certainly that grown artificial meat instead behead animals as they moo to death is a tough job for them to doing and never forever themself but job is job.

Back