Art Project: 50 words

freckles

Reaction score
hi! I have an idea for my few next art project and would like your help. :)

okay, here I go -- what word deaf makes you think of? not word itself.. like ear, related to deaf but you know, it's already getting old. I'd like something quite different.

you can list as much as you wish/can think of. and thank you!

(1300)

hi! I have an idea for my few next art project and would like your help. :)

okay, here I go -- what word deaf makes you think of? not word itself.. like ear, related to deaf but you know, it's already getting old. I'd like something quite different.

you can list as much as you wish/can think of. and thank you!

(1300)

Three dimensions.

We need 3-D space (in front, back, left, right, above under our chest for example) to communicate. We convey our messages in pictures and it's also 3-D.

That is the first one I thought of.

I have quite a few more.. You want to make something that is related to deafness?

How about deaf related people that changed the world? You could slap some 1920's mummy, Frankenstein, Dracula, etc from the silent movies - Lou Chaney, Man of a Thousand Faces. Lou Chaney is a CODA and had to act to his parents on what happened at the school during the day when his parents were sick. That jump started his career into silent movies and is one of the modern day most recognized icons of the silent movies.

That said, what do you mean by "50 Words"?

i think of an ocean, vast and limitless with all your senses engaged, seeing ,smelling and feeling everything from the beach only no sound. i always seem to have something like a surf sound in my head. still a rich experience, so that lack of sounds isn't really necessary

muted radio - expand please?

Three dimensions.

We need 3-D space (in front, back, left, right, above under our chest for example) to communicate. We convey our messages in pictures and it's also 3-D.

That is the first one I thought of.

I have quite a few more.. You want to make something that is related to deafness? That said, what do you mean by "50 Words"?
yeah, something like that! 3-D, cool.

thank you for replies, keep those ideas coming. so far I have about 10 deafness related words.

I thought of three instances.

A scuba diver in the deep blue, maybe with some ripples of the sun above but the water should clearly be a deep teal/blue.

Two scuba divers trying to communicate underwater.

A major happening in the city (cartoon drawn) where people are gathering for a social or tragic event, while the deaf person has their back turned and is walking without noticing the event.

Back