Armed Forces - Gratitude sign

LDNanna

Premium Member
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSfFYxSdKdo"]YouTube - the gratitude campaign (full length)[/ame]

Thank You, from the heart, with narrative captions

When all the opinions and politics are moved aside, there are these fine men and women that are making the supreme sacrifices. Freedom isn't free!

Well done soldiers.

4sef6f.jpg

An endless video clip of a man clapping

i would join tomorrow if wasnt for my cp.

but i can still raise my (furture) kids to join

i am now crying

When all the opinions and politics are moved aside, there are these fine men and women that are making the supreme sacrifices. Freedom isn't free!

Well done soldiers.

4sef6f.jpg

An endless video clip of a man clapping

This clapping guy fucking looks like Hitler with the way his hair is parted! Geez!

Post something better, saywhatkid.

There were a small bit of controversy in the past over the use of the gratitude "signing" example and for not signing "correctly."

This clapping guy fucking looks like Hitler with the way his hair is parted! Geez!

Post something better, saywhatkid.

Aye aye, Captain! How about this:
xkq5wy.jpg

video of audience clapping
Or maybe this:
5ocpac.jpg

video of scary looking man clapping
Anyhow, it was my intent to show appreciation to the fine members of our military, not to sidetrack into which clapping video is best.

Koko's right; I vaguely recall that there's more to this story. I think it was a couple years ago...something about that sign.

The idea is just to say thanks, from the heart, to all our military. No politics, just thanks.
I am hoping they all have a wonderful, peaceful Thanksgiving, and I hope that all of us here on Alldeaf have a great holiday too.

The idea is just to say thanks, from the heart, to all our military. No politics, just thanks.
I am hoping they all have a wonderful, peaceful Thanksgiving, and I hope that all of us here on Alldeaf have a great holiday too.

Thank you for that video again. It's been a while since I saw it. We should give thanks to them whenever and wherever possible.

Thank you for that video again. It's been a while since I saw it. We should give thanks to them whenever and wherever possible.

That's right. Me, I just go right up to them to thank them, young and old. If we are walking, I utter my thanks as we pass by. I sometimes have conversations with them.

That's right. Me, I just go right up to them to thank them, young and old. If we are walking, I utter my thanks as we pass by. I sometimes have conversations with them.
That's what I do, too. They always smile back. :)

Thanks for that video Nan! It's been a while since I had seen it... GREAT reminder to us all. :O)
My son is always the first to spot a soldier and walk up and say Thanks, which we all do as well.
I've also found another neat way to say thanks (found this on Facebook)...
"A Cup 'o Joe for a Joe" Sending a soldier a free cup of coffee: www.greenbeanscoffee.com/coj You can spend as little as $2, or more if you like. I've done it several times and have remained pen pals with 2 soldiers so far...
Thanks again, Nan!!

Thanks for that video Nan! It's been a while since I had seen it... GREAT reminder to us all. :O)
My son is always the first to spot a soldier and walk up and say Thanks, which we all do as well.
I've also found another neat way to say thanks (found this on Facebook)...
"A Cup 'o Joe for a Joe" Sending a soldier a free cup of coffee: www.greenbeanscoffee.com/coj You can spend as little as $2, or more if you like. I've done it several times and have remained pen pals with 2 soldiers so far...
Thanks again, Nan!!

Hmm, cup of Joe. What if the person going abroad is a "Jane"?

Hmm.

I always wanted to thank them, but the problem is that I always see them near military bases... so I haven't thanked a soldier since I left Grande Prairie because every city I lived in thereafter were close to military bases and I didn't want to be seen as harassing them.

Back