Are your parents/children hearing or deaf?

Dad's deaf, birth mom's hearing. Im deaf, sister's hearing. SImple eh? hahahahhahah right =D I suppose I answered the question so I wont go on and on like I usually do =X

My parents both is hearing, all of my family is...I"m the only one that is deaf.

Parents are hearing. I am deaf. My children are hearing. My mum's mum was deaf in one ear. My dad's dad is deaf in one ear. Both wore hearing aids.

Anne
x

Parents/Children Hearing

I'm hard-of-hearing. I lost some of my hearing due to holes in my eardrums. The holes were grafted over, it didn't help much, just keeps water and other stuff out of my eardrums.

All my family is hearing as far as I know. I was raised as hearing. I did not speak until I was four, however.

I was born hearing until age of 2 and became deaf... both of my parents are deaf, my two oldest sister are hearing but my older brother are deaf. I'm in the 6th generation of deaf family... My relatives on my father's side are deaf. My aunt is deaf as well and she work @ Gallaudet University. If you know Gallaudet people well. U might know her as a secretary for the I King Jordan President in Administration building... Sure we'll are proud to be :deaf: but I'm also proud to be me ;)

I born with deaf... I am only one who is deaf in the family... I am so proud be :deaf: .. I can talk with voice n words.. not most time!! smile..

born hearing.. became deaf at age of 18 months old unknown reason cause..

Both parents are hearing, lots of my siblings are hearing. My children are hearing and not sure about the baby in my belly as well too LOL... Hmmm.

got implanted July 6, 2001, hooked up on Aug 27, 2001.. Love it since then.. Not much to say since It is not relate to this topic :nono: for me to add this LOL...

Thinking I might have miss something else Oh well, but I finally get to do my errands today for the first time since I got out of hospital with son.. Ciao all.

Ciao,
Wendy ~~ the oopsie with adding stuffs that are not related ~~

I am deaf in my right ear, and hoh in my left ear.
I am the only one in my family that is deaf/hoh. everyone else is hearing, as is my husband and my children.

I gradually became deaf over time, with me being 80% deaf in my right ear. and 45% in my left ear.

I wear a hearing aid in my worst ear.

Sassy

My mum got a German measles when she was 3 months pregnant with me. The doctors warned her that her unborn baby might be disabled but she decided to keep me.
My hearing parents are relieved that I have legs & arms, 1 year later then they discovered that I´m deaf! They often said to me that I should be glad that I can see & have both arms & legs. True!
Anyway, I´m oldest sister of 4 hearing siblings.

My whole family and my children are hearing but, my twin sister , Cheri and I are the ONLY ones who is deaf in the entire family!....

Good thing, We have each others! :wiggle: :wiggle: ...

I became deaf when I was 20 months old from spinal menigitis. I do not have any hearing at all. My parents were hearing, and became late-deafened when they were in their 50's.

My Parents are hearing.
My sister and I are both deaf.
Caused by recessive genes from both parents.

In-Laws are hearing.
My husband is hearing.
My Two girls are both hearing.

My sister and I decided to research our family tree, we managed to get as far back as the 1400s. We found one ancestor that was institutionalized from age 2 to death, on my mothers side. On my father's side we found another ancestor that was placed in an institution her whole life. It could be because they were deaf.

Back