Are you too old to hold on to your teddy bear?

The Joker

Reaction score
Never too old to hold on to your teddy bear...

I’ve had some discussions this week with friends about the place of stuffed animals in a girl’s life. I admit it, I’m three months shy of forty and stuffed animals are still very much a part of my life. I buy them as souvenirs of trips, people give them to me as gifts (got a lot of penguins and puffins when I sold) and I have many pals from my childhood who are still around my humble abode. (Just check out my writer’s desk – this is The Writing Team – they’re there to inspire me, stare at me and make me feel guilty if I don’t write like I’m supposed to.)

Do you think it’s too childish to cling to a treasured, furry friend after a certain age? Or are these beloved, fabricated Americans (sorry, homage to the dearly-departed Greg the Bunny) part of the framework of our own being because they’re the first true, loyal friends we experience?

http://yawriters.blogspot.com/2006/09/never-too-old-to-hold-on-to-your-teddy.html

HaHa,,Thats like Adults still believe in Santa Claus.

I have a lot of Build a Bears. Grandchildren often make and give them to me for birthdays and other holidays.

I treasure all of them.

It's nothing like believing in Santa Claus.

Teddy bears hold precious memories, and provide non-threatening comfort.

I wish I still had my childhood Teddy but he went missing during one of our moves. :(

It wasn't just Teddy that was special; he wore one of my younger brother's t-shirts and purple overalls that my mom sewed for him. He had replacement button eyes that she stitched on.

http://www.alldeaf.com/showpost.php?p=1606167&postcount=192

I clicked the link. There say Sorry, the page you were looking for in this blog does not exist.

I have big teddy bear with me and I have lot of bears and monkey, bunny, collect holiday animal stuffs, etc. I never sell my animal stuffs, Ha Ha. I want cuddle with me keep away nightmares. Sometime, I without animal stuffs and make me worse nightmares, can't sleep. I have patient lots and because I packed animal stuffs in boxes in shed. That's why. Don't worry!

Never too old to hold on to your teddy bear...

I’ve had some discussions this week with friends about the place of stuffed animals in a girl’s life. I admit it, I’m three months shy of forty and stuffed animals are still very much a part of my life. I buy them as souvenirs of trips, people give them to me as gifts (got a lot of penguins and puffins when I sold) and I have many pals from my childhood who are still around my humble abode. (Just check out my writer’s desk – this is The Writing Team – they’re there to inspire me, stare at me and make me feel guilty if I don’t write like I’m supposed to.)

Do you think it’s too childish to cling to a treasured, furry friend after a certain age? Or are these beloved, fabricated Americans (sorry, homage to the dearly-departed Greg the Bunny) part of the framework of our own being because they’re the first true, loyal friends we experience?

http://yawriters.blogspot.com/2006/09/never-too-old-to-hold-on-to-your-teddy.html

HaHa,,Thats like Adults still believe in Santa Claus.

adults having teddy bears are fine but adults believing in Santa Claus is not healthy and normal.

there's nothing wrong with having a collection but if you have unhealthy relationship with your collection to the point where it's causing negative effect on you and/or people.... seek help. it's akin to hoarding and OCD.

It's nothing like believing in Santa Claus.

Teddy bears hold precious memories, and provide non-threatening comfort.

I wish I still had my childhood Teddy but he went missing during one of our moves. :(

It wasn't just Teddy that was special; he wore one of my younger brother's t-shirts and purple overalls that my mom sewed for him. He had replacement button eyes that she stitched on.

http://www.alldeaf.com/showpost.php?p=1606167&postcount=192

I never had a teddy bear, I had a rabbit I slept as a little girl . I brought a teddy bear for my child . My favorite toy was a turtle I could pull around with me. I still love turtles . :)

I mean will y'all take the teddy bear to bed with you?:hmm:

heck no! :lol: but I do have a shotgun at the corner and handgun in the drawer.

I live a rather spartan lifestyle. meaning... I live very simply. everything is very plain and functional. I admit that it does feel least homely because of lack of pictures, posters, plants, collection, etc. but at least it's very clean and spacious.

I'm sure it will be changed after I get married and have children :lol:

heck no! :lol: but I do have a shotgun at the corner and handgun in the drawer.

I live a rather spartan lifestyle. meaning... I live very simply. everything is very plain and functional. I admit that it does feel least homely because of lack of pictures, posters, plants, collection, etc. but at least it's very clean and spacious.

I'm sure it will be changed after I get married and have children :lol:

Does your dog sleep in bed with you , mine does . I hope I am not too
old to sleep with my dog .

I mean will y'all take the teddy bear to bed with you?:hmm:

I took my monkey on a cross-country train trip. He "slept" at the foot of my bed on the trains. :) Alas, he chose to stay in CA with his buddy, my grandson.

I had bought the monkey a few months after my husband had passed away for something to cuddle (though I still have some stuffed animals in a box in the basement). Then later he became my baby grandson's travel companion in my car for the year they lived in my area.

I never had a teddy bear, I had a rabbit I slept as a little girl . I brought a teddy bear for my child . My favorite toy was a turtle I could pull around with me. I still love turtles . :)
My second best stuffed animal was a rabbit that I had gotten one Easter. It was posed sitting up, and its ears had early on lost their support so it looked like a lop-ear rabbit. It was light purple and lime green (springtime colors).

My daughter's favorite stuffed animal was a kangaroo with a baby in its pouch.

I used to set up my animals like they were in a classroom and I would teach them lessons at the chalk board I had on the wall. :lol:

My second best stuffed animal was a rabbit that I had gotten one Easter. It was posed sitting up, and its ears had early on lost their support so it looked like a lop-ear rabbit. It was light purple and lime green (springtime colors).

My daughter's favorite stuffed animal was a kangaroo with a baby in its pouch.

I used to set up my animals like they were in a classroom and I would teach them lessons at the chalk board I had on the wall. :lol:

LOL! I bet you had the smartest animals in the block! I think my rabbit was blue I can't remember when I got it . I had stuff dog , I don't think
I got a lot stuff animals, my brought me dolls . I liked animals betters , I think my mom liked the dolls more than me. I once told a teacher that my mom played with my dolls and her face got :Oops: when the teacher told her this .

Back