Are you ready for the Spring season?

Since Home Depot sells cacti, it is therefore available to the public and there probably aren't laws mentioning the accepted methods of transporting them. Only common sense is needed to secure the plant so it won't injure oneself or others and even avoid causing a mess in the vehicle if the plant is inside it.

Yeah, just one problem-- the CTA nor the Metra generally allow pointy stuff onboard, and also, staff wouldn't be willing to transport it, either, which makes it more complicated, and granted, I could have it delivered, bit that would take time and money, because cacti aren't cheap.

Here's a little info:

Permits

This concerns importing and exporting stuff out or in the country, NOT transporting them within the country.

Quit taking things seriously and use rationale provided by us, your AD peers, to easily and safely transport a cactus from a store to your residence.

This concerns importing and exporting stuff out or in the country, NOT transporting them within the country.

Quit taking things seriously and use rationale provided by us, your AD peers, to easily and safely transport a cactus from a store to your residence.

Okay. It's not high priority, anyways. Got other things to worry about.

Okay. It's not high priority, anyways. Got other things to worry about.

Sure you do have more important things to worry about, but it doesn't take that long to buy a cactus and transport it home securely. It is not like catci are rare, especially in Illinois.

Mark
I think you and the rest of us have a different idea about size. These are plants they grow. You don't have to start out with a huge one. In fact, what the Home Depot site shows are quite small.

Sure you do have more important things to worry about, but it doesn't take that long to buy a cactus and transport it home securely. It is not like catci are rare, especially in Illinois.

Actually it does-- the closest Home Depot is over on Kimball and Addison, and I don't live that close to there-- I live a good distance away from there.

Mark
I think you and the rest of us have a different idea about size. These are plants they grow. You don't have to start out with a huge one. In fact, what the Home Depot site shows are quite small.

Hmm. You might be right. I was thinking big, not small. Easier to take care of.

Actually it does-- the closest Home Depot is over on Kimball and Addison, and I don't live that close to there-- I live a good distance away from there.

I am pretty sure there are places other than Home Depot that sell cacti.

Hmm. You might be right. I was thinking big, not small. Easier to take care of.

Regardless of the size of the cactus, all cacti are easy to maintain. I know this from experience.

I am pretty sure there are places other than Home Depot that sell cacti.

Regardless of the size of the cactus, all cacti are easy to maintain. I know this from experience.

Not around Rogers Park. Home Depot is the only one that I know does. I'll have to do research, though.

No. Just that transporting a cactus is complicated, because not too many people really want to handle one, except the person getting it, which would be me. I would need to find a way to transport an adult cactus without breaking any laws, and that's where it gets complicated.

For Heaven's sake!!! Cover the darn thing with a padded burlap sack or a light blanket. That way, no pricking with sharp points, easier to handle and protecting all body parts UNLESS you are clumsy enough to drop the pot.

For Heaven's sake!!! Cover the darn thing with a padded burlap sack or a light blanket. That way, no pricking with sharp points, easier to handle and protecting all body parts UNLESS you are clumsy enough to drop the pot.

Yeah, I am. I'm a klutz.

I'm ready for spring season begin is on Thursday. I'm enough with the brutal winter. :lol: what is your favorite spring activities and to do for fun? Enjoy :cool2:

I love to swim but got to get the cast off first. Other than that it gets really hot here even in spring ao not much to do outside

Well, since you have no job, you can easily allocate time to this research. I wish the best in your endeavors. :giggle:

I hope your apartment is klutz-proof. Ha.

I live in a house. And it would be nice, but I'm getting better at improving my klutziness.

I'm looking out my bedroom window and there's still ice on the pond and the snow has yet to melt. Tomorrow will be 58 degrees so we may get a melt up by this time tomorrow...God willing. I can't wait to go shopping for a new bike.

Laura

Not the babies. I want the adult ones. I remember I found a cactus in the garbage many years ago, and rescued it and brought it home, and took care of it. That's where I got my love of cactus.

How you bring home that cactus you rescue from the trash? And if you brought one and wrapped newspaper around it and put it in a big shopping bag no one would what you're bringing on the bus or subway. Unless you mean you want a 4 feet cactus.

How you bring home that cactus you rescue from the trash? And if you brought one and wrapped newspaper around it and put it in a big shopping bag no one would what you're bringing on the bus or subway. Unless you mean you want a 4 feet cactus.

I had to get creative-- my home was more than a mile away, and I was going through a neighborhood I rarely went through-- and I must've done that for a reason, cause it led me directly to the cactus, and to answer your question, I had to bring it home by the hook and pot it was in, no easy task, given where I was at the time.

Back