Are you ready for the Spring season?

Bott- is that a pic of your dog taking a dump? LOL kidding.
I couldn't be more ready for spring for golf, softball, camping and staying outside all the time

:giggle: No!! I was trying to make sure his jersey shows what school he supports.

He is blind/deaf, although he started out as only deaf. Consequently he feels his way and that is how he looks when walking . Actually that was a good day as it was sunny and he can see shapes and shadows.

That's my favorite dog of all time as we match! Pigmentary keratitis is the cause of his blindness and it is common among Pekingese.

Like me, Joe is indomitable. :P (And very cute. )

Thinking about buying a cactus......... wouldn't hurt, and I used to have one. Problem is, pointy things aren't allowed on transportation, especially cactus.

Thinking about buying a cactus......... wouldn't hurt, and I used to have one. Problem is, pointy things aren't allowed on transportation, especially cactus.

I guess you'll have to do a balancing act with a cactus plant and a bike. :giggle:

And become a human cactus? No thank you. I'll figure something out.

LOL. I figured that probably would end up a disaster. Well, the only alternatives you have would be:
  1. Buy a cactus plant nearby and walk home with it.
  2. Have someone buy it for you and transport it by car if necessary.
  3. Buy it online and have it shipped to you.

LOL. I figured that probably would end up a disaster. Well, the only alternatives you have would be:
  1. Buy a cactus plant nearby and walk home with it.
  2. Have someone buy it for you and transport it by car if necessary.
  3. Buy it online and have it shipped to you.

Mark objected one time when I brought it up but I still say that there are times when a basket on the front of the bike is useful.

Mark objected one time when I brought it up but I still say that there are times when a basket on the front of the bike is useful.

For a cactus? Nooooooo. What if it goes flying and starts popping tires?

Oh yes, a basket on the front [or even on the back] of the bike would be conducive to transporting sharp objects!

Just securely fasten the cactus plant to the edges of the basket. Simple as that!

I am assuming that any cactus that is big enough to be sold in a store is in a pot and thus big enough to stay put. And not all cactus is full of sharp spines.

Oh yes, a basket on the front [or even on the back] of the bike would be conducive to transporting sharp objects!

Just securely fasten the cactus plant to the edges of the basket. Simple as that!

And how do you secure a cactus with pointy stuff on it?

I am assuming that any cactus that is big enough to be sold in a store is in a pot and thus big enough to stay put.

Not the babies. I want the adult ones. I remember I found a cactus in the garbage many years ago, and rescued it and brought it home, and took care of it. That's where I got my love of cactus.

Are you completely helpless?? Strap it in with a little bungee cord.

No. Just that transporting a cactus is complicated, because not too many people really want to handle one, except the person getting it, which would be me. I would need to find a way to transport an adult cactus without breaking any laws, and that's where it gets complicated.

No. Just that transporting a cactus is complicated, because not too many people really want to handle one, except the person getting it, which would be me. I would need to find a way to transport an adult cactus without breaking any laws, and that's where it gets complicated.

Is/are there any law(s) stating the accepted methods of transporting cacti?

Breaking any laws? You seem to take laws too seriously in everything you do.

You aren't a criminal so stop thinking like one.

Someone above gave good suggestions on how to get one home. Main thing is cover it up with plastic or cloth to prevent injury until you get home.

Breaking any laws? You seem to take laws too seriously in everything you do.

You aren't a criminal so stop thinking like one.

Someone above gave good suggestions on how to get one home. Main thing is cover it up with plastic or cloth to prevent injury until you get home.

Nope, not a criminal, but thinking safety.

I'm gonna check Chicago laws, because I know Home Depot sells these, so I may need to have it delivered. Well, there ya go.

Since Home Depot sells cacti, it is therefore available to the public and there probably aren't laws mentioning the accepted methods of transporting them. Only common sense is needed to secure the plant so it won't injure oneself or others and even avoid causing a mess in the vehicle if the plant is inside it.

Back