Are you going to Deaf Nation World Expo?

Will you go to Deaf Nation World Expo?

• Yes

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • No

Votes: 22 41.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 16 30.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Im sure its already expected. If it goes down, it will probably be the biggest AD meet.

I'm thinking of Dinner at Peppermill's

Where is Peppermill's?

Where is Peppermill's?

Just south of Riveria. It's a restaurant.
p170121-Las_Vegas-The_Pepper_Mill.jpg

Actually, I booked direct through hotel. Should I have booked thru deafnation, instead?

Yeah because they have offered special discount for participants during the week of Deaf Nation World Expo.

During weekdays, the rate is $89.00 per night.

On weekend, it is $129.00 per night.

Wont be going - its hellva expensive during the high season but I will be back at a later time though. Have fun without me

Fare price in round trip is between 1,400 and 1,600 USD (1,500 and 1,700 AUD) between Sydney and Las Vegas. That s up to you.

Yeah because they have offered special discount for participants during the week of Deaf Nation World Expo.

During weekdays, the rate is $89.00 per night.

On weekend, it is $129.00 per night.

Little expensive. cheap price between $25 and $50 per day. can walk to LV convention. You can look for cheap hotel. http://www.kayak.com

Last edited:
I can't go. I have more important matters on hand to take care around the time, just found out recently and my money goes to my family... not this. So you all have blast.

Actually, I booked direct through hotel. Should I have booked thru deafnation, instead?

Booking thru the hotel is fine...if they asked you for a promotional code or discount code, that would be "Deafnation". Here is the break down on my rate: $109.00 per night for 5 nights....comes to $545.00, then a resort fee (whatever that means) of$112.00....then finally the bed tax of $65.40 for a total of $722.40.

So what was your nightly rate before those taxes?

Booking thru the hotel is fine...if they asked you for a promotional code or discount code, that would be "Deafnation". Here is the break down on my rate: $109.00 per night for 5 nights....comes to $545.00, then a resort fee (whatever that means) of$112.00....then finally the bed tax of $65.40 for a total of $722.40.

So what was your nightly rate before those taxes?

Didn't use the promo code!

Actually before tax's added, my rate is $506.80 for two people.

Looks like after tax, my fee is $20 buck less than yours. All together it's $702.22

PFH, you mentioned that you think the rate for TI hotel is a bit high. Well to an Aussie, it's a real steal because we rarely get 4 star hotel for $76 buck or thereabout a night in Australia. So accommodation price in Las Vegas and NYC is a steal for us.

Didn't use the promo code!

Actually before tax's added, my rate is $506.80 for two people.

Looks like after tax, my fee is $20 buck less than yours. All together it's $702.22

PFH, you mentioned that you think the rate for TI hotel is a bit high. Well to an Aussie, it's a real steal because we rarely get 4 star hotel for $76 buck or thereabout a night in Australia. So accommodation price in Las Vegas and NYC is a steal for us.

Gotcha.

Normally 4 stars are $200+ elsewhere, but in Vegas hotels are supposed to be the cheapest thing. So I normally get rooms for $20-30 a night there, on the strip.

Yes, i think that I might go there. stay in few days in LV plus travel in Arizona and visit my niece's place in Phoenix. Jiro may take care of AD gathering party plan.

I would like to leave it to PFH since Vegas is his backyard. I've only been to Vegas 3x but I'm very familiar with Vegas and I can help to coordinate and suggest a few things-to-do for group activity.

Cool. Good you can get cheap room on the strip. I assume it is based mainly on the season?

not that I have noticed. I have noticed one thing - I remember which weekend is which convention - like the 2nd weekend of every Jan is the Snap-on convention... and dont forget the sex convention last week of Jan... prices goes up on these dates.

The weekend AFTER jan 1 is dirty cheap.

I plan ahead on these things.

Cool. Good you can get cheap room on the strip. I assume it is based mainly on the season?

could be and also the event date. but still - there is always cheap hotel somewhere. Just gotta find it - usually not hard. I will not pay $$$$ whatsoever.

Back