Are YOU a Rude Person qq

I wouldn't say that I'm rude per se, but I do speak my mind and am not afraid to tell people how I feel. Having said that, I always do so with tact.

I'm not rude unless someone gives me a hard time.

The cell phone issues is just plain rude.

There's a problem in America where Americans would rather not be direct and honest with you. Some play games and not want to be honest when something needs to be said.

Playing games makes people worry, so it's good to be honest when it has to be said. I think it's a problem if one cannot be direct and honest respectfully when it is best to do so.

The other side of rude blunt answer is when you say it in a rude tone or say things that shouldn't need to be said because it just isn't important. It's the person being blunt rude problem with insecurity.

There is a difference.

I speak my mind with tact and some people view that as rude.

For example, some consumers don't realise the powers of observation really do help them in a way.

I was sitting down and observing a skin consultant handing out brochures to only "beautiful, tall, skinny" women and those who fit his image of beautiful. Those who were "ugly, fat, short" even haggard looking old women asked for the brochure, he shoo-ed them away.

I just sat and observed. Hubby asked me what I was observing, I told him to watch and observe & notice something. He still didn't get what I observe until I explained to him. Hubby finally got the picture and noticed the negative pattern.

I walked up to the "skin consultant" and hoped he would give me a brochure, nope! I stopped right there and told him what I observed and his faced turned all red.. shared my observations and felt that he would get more sales if he didn't think beauty was superficial.

Some people may view my approach as rude but afterwards we still greet each other with small talk. It's about being direct.

Au contraire. Most people say that i'm nice. Too nice. I'm smart enough to know that's not a good thing.:| I'm not the one who's going to speak my mind. I tend to keep things to myself. That's just my temperment.:shrug:

I speak my mind with tact and some people view that as rude.

For example, some consumers don't realise the powers of observation really do help them in a way.

I was sitting down and observing a skin consultant handing out brochures to only "beautiful, tall, skinny" women and those who fit his image of beautiful. Those who were "ugly, fat, short" even haggard looking old women asked for the brochure, he shoo-ed them away.

I just sat and observed. Hubby asked me what I was observing, I told him to watch and observe & notice something. He still didn't get what I observe until I explained to him. Hubby finally got the picture and noticed the negative pattern.

I walked up to the "skin consultant" and hoped he would give me a brochure, nope! I stopped right there and told him what I observed and his faced turned all red.. shared my observations and felt that he would get more sales if he didn't think beauty was superficial.

Some people may view my approach as rude but afterwards we still greet each other with small talk. It's about being direct.

:shock: I would have noticed it right away, not to mention the person's body language as he handed out the information.

Another thing, beauty is only skin deep. For example, take a look at today's (and yesterday's) top stars, both men and women. Now, imagine seeing them without makeup. Without it, they wouldn't be as good looking. Shoot, I did a television segment in school a few years ago and wore makeup that I applied myself. Never mind the fact that I was still taking it off a week later, but I have to say, I really was good looking with it on. No wonder a lot of women wear it . . . a little bit of powder and a little bit of paint make an ugly woman look like what she ain't! Never Marry a Woman with Big Feet ... - Google Book Search

(Helps make ugly men look good, too, by the way. ;)

Some time back, someone here on our beloved forums said we are rude to each other here. Are we?

Here is the quiz, Are You a Rude Person Quiz but first, read this article that goes with it: Are you rude? Maybe you should think again - CNN.com

I don't need to take a quiz to know that I am sometimes rude. I freely admit that I can be acidic, but that's just me. I'm very pointed when annoyed and it shows because I wear my emotions on my sleeve. That said, I don't go out of my way to intentionally be rude to people. If I am perceived as such, then that is something I can work out between myself and that other person if they are willing to do so.

I try very hard to state my opinions with as much tact as possible. There are times, I am sure, when I am rude. I think that's true for all of us as we are all human.

Back