Are there any deaf/Deaf lawyers on AD?

natty_4ever

Reaction score
I'm interested in a career in law and would like to know if there's any deafies who are lawyers on here and could share their experiences in a field that relies so heavily on communication and such. :)

oh that's cool. what kind of law?

Yes, I'm a lawyer. If you can read and write well, go for it. Lots of reading and exams are long essays. As a deaf lawyer, you can hire a court reporter that provides real time reporting of proceedings. You can also write briefs, draw up contracts/wills, or become a patent attorney (requires science or engineering and 2nd bar). Of course, you may also advocate for the deaf/Deaf community.

I graduated with a blind lawyer. Personally, I think that it would be harder to be blind than deaf because of the volume of reading. I recommend visiting a law school and sitting in on classes. If you have any questions, PM me.

I'm not sure what kind of law yet. I can read and write well though. Where did you go to law school? Did you find it difficult to sit in on classes and understand the teacher, or did you have services?

I'm going to switch to PM. Check your box. :wave:

I also know other person but not member here on AD, is deaf and lawyer in NYC.

Im not a lawyer couldnt handle putting someone's dad in jail. So Im training to be a paralegal

There are many deaf lawyers in real life who doesn't have a time to surf on AD, that's for sure. :)

Even if they break the law??? What if that "dad" killed someone elses child? That is odd to me....

FJ, will you quit doing that to put people down every time you complain or want to be soooo nosy about the questions that you want to know if there is real or not real? Just let it go. This is the topic which natty_4ever want to know as she is interest in becoming a lawyer. She does not know what kind of law she want to enter. Being Paralegal is a good position instead of being a lawyer. She is just kidding you. :roll:

Even if they break the law??? What if that "dad" killed someone elses child? That is odd to me....

every single person have someone out there who loves them. Mother, father, son, daughter, friend. Sure they may shun them becuase they angry, hurt, betrayed, but it doesn't mean they stop loving them. In fact, Love is that's why many loved ones is extremely emotionally hurt when a criminal do wrong. It's hurt to watch that.

btw, she was talking about innocent dad anyway. Some lawyers are very good at playing with people's emotions to get any innocent in jail to win his case. But that's his job... to defend his client.

every single person have someone out there who loves them. Mother, father, son, daughter, friend. Sure they may shun them becuase they angry, hurt, betrayed, but it doesn't mean they stop loving them. In fact, Love is that's why many loved ones is extremely emotionally hurt when a criminal do wrong. It's hurt to watch that.

btw, she was talking about innocent dad anyway. Some lawyers are very good at playing with people's emotions to get any innocent in jail to win his case. But that's his job... to defend his client.

You are right which make a lot of sense to me. :gpost: :gpost: I don`t know anything about laws. :dunno2:

I think Eternity (an infrequent ADer) is studying law.

She didn't say innocent anywhere. I also think it is very rare for a DA to want to, or try to, put someone they know to be innocent in jail. Why would they?

But, alas, this is way off topic. (Oh, and I didn't insult anyone or say anything rude, so what is up eith the nasty response?)

She didn't say innocent anywhere. I also think it is very rare for a DA to want to, or try to, put someone they know to be innocent in jail. Why would they?

But, alas, this is way off topic. (Oh, and I didn't insult anyone or say anything rude, so what is up eith the nasty response?)

Are you sure?? There are quite a few who have been exonerated by DNA and released from death rows and life sentences. To date, around 200 have been exonerated. In other words, they were innocent of such crimes.

Are you sure?? There are quite a few who have been exonerated by DNA and released from death rows and life sentences. To date, around 200 have been exonerated. In other words, they were innocent of such crimes.

I didn't say impossible, I said rare. And I said "knowingly".

Back