Are Facebook's days numbered?

FB dying? not by a long shot...

has anyone tried the 10 year movie thing on your profile?

Many people seem to think so. Here is a link I found.

BBC News - Facebook turns 10 but are its days numbered?

*shrug*

if there's a new site that is better than FB... that's fine with me. MySpace was a fad back then and everybody used it. and then FB was a new fad and everybody flocked to it.

MySpace remains popular and it's basically music-version of FB as originally designed. MySpace was initially created as social media tool to spread their own music without having to make a devil deal with the record companies. many people started using myspace as social media like FB because they realized that they can share stuff and keep in touch with each other but it was lacking bunch of stuff that FB has.

that's why everybody (non-musicians) flocked to FB.

in short - FB and MySpace are 2 different things for different purposes. MySpace was probably happy that a bunch of people left to FB because most of them weren't really relevant to myspace's goal. they were hogging up myspace server and draining its resource. myspace did suffer for a while because its design was outdated and inefficient. finally they wised up and completely redesigned it so I assume it's a lot better now and still remain popular for musicians and music fans.

Nah. I think it'll be around for a good while. There are many who use it in a good fashion - staying in touch with family, especially those far away. Great place to post photos of your kids, pets, vacations that your family and friends would have never otherwise seen. Everyone on my friends list is either family or close friends. I discarded all the rest. If you don't want strangers or mere acquaintances seeing your personal life, don't add them. Simple as that.
Like weeding a garden, yes? :wave:

MySpace was initially created as social media tool to spread their own music without having to make a devil deal with the record companies. many people started using myspace as social media like FB because they realized that they can share stuff and keep in touch with each other but it was lacking bunch of stuff that FB has.

Where did you learn that? I thought MySpace was started as a competitor to friendster.

Where did you learn that? I thought MySpace was started as a competitor to friendster.

that's what myspace is. it's actually a music social media site. and friendster is a gaming social media site.

and facebook is a "friend" social media site.

There are two certain things in life; death and taxes. Everything dies, including things like facebook and I hope it goes down burning and soon.
You sound bitter. With the 10,000,000,000+ websites out there, it should be easy to avoid one.

I enjoy my visits there, but I have self-control, and limit my time. Lots of people with drama-filled lives. I just thumb past it. Use it for what you like, skip the rest. Made lots of friends there, lost a few. *shrugs*

that's what myspace is. it's actually a music social media site. and friendster is a gaming social media site.

and facebook is a "friend" social media site.

Facebook was originally for college students to network with alumnis.

Facebook dying? :hmm:

Come back in 10 years time and ask me the same question.

As it sky rocked members , I have seen some fake things happen. My friend noticed a pinterest post on her wall that she didn't post and deleted it. Just heads up what is going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back