Are Facebook's days numbered?

Are*

Of course they are... all things ( Facebook included ) are fads. They all go away and become unpopular at some point. Then, a new person invents another social media site to take everyone by storm. It's another unsurprising circle of everything. :roll:

You're able to edit the title of the thread? I wasn't able to edit when I made a thread. Just only the body of the post.

But yes, unless they come up with another social means, Facebook will stay.

You're able to edit the title of the thread? I wasn't able to edit when I made a thread. Just only the body of the post.

But yes, unless they come up with another social means, Facebook will stay.

Sure you can. See that button at the lower right hand corner that says "Go Advanced"? You use that to make any necessary changes to the title.

Sure you can. See that button at the lower right hand corner that says "Go Advanced"? You use that to make any necessary changes to the title.

Wow! Thanks! Never knew that. I noticed many people were stuck with it not knowing how to change it. Neat.

There are two certain things in life; death and taxes. Everything dies, including things like facebook and I hope it goes down burning and soon.

There are two certain things in life; death and taxes. Everything dies, including things like facebook and I hope it goes down burning and soon.

We'll see if it does, in fact, do that.

I hate Facebook too. But too many of my friends and family use it as their ONLY form of social media. So if I want to stay in touch with them, I have to use it. Personally I don't see Facebook dying anytime soon as I cannot see these type of people making the effort to switch to another form of social media.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hate Facebook too. But too many of my friends and family use it as their ONLY form of social media. So if I want to stay in touch with them, I have to use it. Personally I don't see Facebook dying anytime soon as I cannot see these type of people making the effort to switch to another form of social media.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Many people dislike Facebook. Heck, I disliked it well before it became popular, and was smart enough to keep far away from it.

IMO, I think facebook is here to stay as long as they don't turn into yet another myspace with tons of ads, spamming music ads and ugly page layouts.

Food for thought people thought COMPUTERS were just a fad, even cars were thought of as just a rich man's toy.

IMO, I think facebook is here to stay as long as they don't turn into yet another myspace with tons of ads, spamming music ads and ugly page layouts.

Food for thought people thought COMPUTERS were just a fad, even cars were thought of as just a rich man's toy.

If they do that, they're good as done.

There are many people who want turbocharged vehicles outlawed, yet, they're here to stay.

Um so about Facebook?

fb days numbered? ha ha aha hee he he hooooooo .. oh wait you were serious? ok umm .. NAH I dont think its numbered. There are TOOO many people actually using it. How many did they say? 1200 million? Let slash that number in half to be safe. 600 million. Now let split that into two groups -- the ones who haate facebook but yet using it and the other avid users. 300 million people. hmm If it dies 10 years from now and suppose it loses half of the avid users -- 150 million user will suffer severe withdrawals of no FB.

lets take half of that again 75 million people will be angry mob and the other hald passive and just waiting or going to alternative site. sorry folks ... the numbers are just not there to support the actual death of FB ...

but then they said the same for social security future ..:shock::roll:

Nah. I think it'll be around for a good while. There are many who use it in a good fashion - staying in touch with family, especially those far away. Great place to post photos of your kids, pets, vacations that your family and friends would have never otherwise seen. Everyone on my friends list is either family or close friends. I discarded all the rest. If you don't want strangers or mere acquaintances seeing your personal life, don't add them. Simple as that.

Of course, there are those who post sleazy, immature stuff. They can go to MySpace. :lol:

Number of active users at Facebook over the years

I don't think FB is dying at this rate... at least for a long while. AD is like 11 years old or something and is still alive and is here to stay. I'm sure every forum and social media have ups and downs, it's how it is.

yep gotta agree. Right now there isn't really any social media that can match FB. Myspace is well.. myDead. G+ isn't really taking off as well as it could be (I didn't like it much at all). Pinterest is well just plain boring. So.. yeah FB will be around for a while yet.

agree about the forums. One of the forums I go to- this is my 10th year with them- the owner has had a variation of a site/forum for 12ish or so years (it's slowed down a lot lately though :( ). Another site/forum/online riddle has been around for 8 years but is off line right now (Dumbass can't afford the webhosting costs and is taking forever in finding a new one. Snopes has been around since.. what.. 1998 at least that I remember..

Back