Are deaf kids bullied/harrassed more frequently than hearing kids in mainstream?

I can honestly say that's not something that I've heard about. I just don't go around speculating on men's penises. Just because men are obsessed with their penises doesn't mean that the rest of us are. :laugh2:

I can honestly say that's not something that I've heard about. I just don't go around speculating on men's penises. Just because men are obsessed with their penises doesn't mean that the rest of us are. :laugh2:

It's one of my pet peeves regarding my BFs. I don't care about size just so long as we're having a good time...:naughty:

You know, it's like when my mum tells me that i should consider myself lucky that we have running water when there are people in Africa that don't. I don't consider myself lucky that i have running water. I consider the people in Africa who don't have running water UNlucky. Don't get me wrong i still appreciate what i have but i don't see why i should feel "priviliged" that i have what the majority of the world's population has (hearing) Don't you think a privilege stops being a special advantage,which is the definition of a privilege, when the playing field levels out?

You are still very, very young and have virtually no life experience in these matters. One day you will be able to grasp what we are talking about. I hope.

You are still very, very young and have virtually no life experience in these matters. One day you will be able to grasp what we are talking about. I hope.

That's not really a response and even though you still consider me privileged because I have what most people have, I'll drop the matter.

That's not really a response and even though you still consider me privileged because I have what most people have, I'll drop the matter.

Go take a basic sociology course.

Yes, but is it not also the stereotype that Asians can't drive and have small penises? Kind of balances it out really.

Can hardly be compared to the sociological, psychological impact of privilege.:roll:

I would have but most universities in the UK don't consider it a "proper" subject.. :S

Really? Anyone working in retail would benefit from this course. Unless there is a different meaning in the UK?

Actually, it is a response. I am giving you a break on your ignorance regarding these things because you are young, lacking in life experience, and lacking in education. Hopefully, your perspective will widen as your frontal lobe develops.

I would have but most universities in the UK don't consider it a "proper" subject.. :S

Since when? Many universities in the UK offer doctorate programs in the study of sociology. There are many well respected sociologists and anthropolgists from the UK.

Howag, do you mean to say your parents don't think it's a proper subject to study?

I'm not saying anyone's experience is wrong, I was simply raising a question with what was said.

no..... you are not asking questions to understand it. you are asking questions in order to invalidate it.

I see that you came here to learn about deaf culture. the way you question us... yep you've got a lot to grow up because it's not how adults do it except ignorant type. you'll have to learn how to communicate tactfully without offending them.

Let me demonstrate for you...

you said this -
Did you ask the waiter what he was playing at? Could it not have been a mix up? Are you absolutely sure it was because you're deaf that they gave you a chicken thigh? Seems like you jumped to that conclusion.

this is what a matured, understanding adult would say -
oh my! that's awful! I'm wondering if it's possible that there was a mix-up or miscommunication since you're deaf?

You have to admit, there is a lot less racism then there was say back in the 50's/60's.

I see that you live in London.

then you should know about London's notorious anti-Islamic attitude.

Really? Anyone working in retail would benefit from this course. Unless there is a different meaning in the UK?

I don't know why, it's just seen as a bit of a "mickey mouse" subject by most universities, In my experience, out of 3 A levels required , most universities exclude general studies, sociology, critical thinking and even media studies...

I see that you live in London.

then you should know about London's notorious anti-Islamic attitude.

I'm not denying racism exists, just that it's not as bad as it once was? I'm fairly sure that there aren't racist mobs roaming the streets and lynchings carried out...

I'm not denying racism exists, just that it's not as bad as it once was?
I didn't say you think racist doesn't exist.

I'm fairly sure that there aren't racist mobs roaming the streets and lynchings carried out...
right. that's in old time. in modern time, racism is still strong insidiously.

example - they don't hire you because you are something else such as Muslim.
example - you move to a certain area/neighborhood and you get a bad feeling that you are not welcome as you walk around

Back