Apple tv

OIC 20MBP download and 2MBP is my speed. I m sorry. not over 400.

Thought so. So WiFi N is around 100 mbps/sec. WiFi AC is around 400 mbp/sec but your ISP is only 20 mbps/sec so WiFi AC is useless to ISP for now.

I have no problem with Apple TV via Wifi N and PS3 via WIFI G for Netflix. It's pretty smooth and dont remember to see lag at all.

Thought so. So WiFi N is around 100 mbps/sec. WiFi AC is around 400 mbp/sec but your ISP is only 20 mbps/sec so WiFi AC is useless to ISP for now.

I have no problem with Apple TV via Wifi N and PS3 via WIFI G for Netflix. It's pretty smooth and dont remember to see lag at all.

I mostly used Beamer to watch movie steaming via AirPlay. No lag. VLC's video streaming still be lagging.

400 mbps is useful for internal networking like streaming the movie from MacBook Pro to Apple TV.

How Much Bandwidth Do You Need for Streaming Video? | Sound & Vision

Let me know when you find streaming need 400 mbps or more.

Who cares about requirement? Some people want fast streaming/transfer wirelessly.

There are some HD video, especially 4K HD has a lot of bandwidth so 400 mbps will going save a lot of time by play movie sooner instead of buffering - from MacBook Pro to Apple TV.

Some people prefer to transfer a lot of files wirelessly like transfer from 40 GB from computer to other computer via wireless networking.

It is about preference.

Who cares about requirement? Some people want fast streaming/transfer wirelessly.

There are some HD video, especially 4K HD has a lot of bandwidth so 400 mbps will going save a lot of time by play movie sooner instead of buffering - from MacBook Pro to Apple TV.

Some people prefer to transfer a lot of files wirelessly like transfer from 40 GB from computer to other computer via wireless networking.

It is about preference.

Then your post is useless.

I never said transfer files, 4K, etc

Why care to explain about them since Apple TV does not support 4K and transfer file. Don't be smartass.

Then your post is useless.

I never said transfer files, 4K, etc

Why care to explain about them since Apple TV does not support 4K and transfer file. Don't be smartass.

Hey man, don't start personal attack and it was unnecessary.

My post isn't exclusively about Apple TV, so I'm talking about media center and use PC as entertainment that already have 4K support. It is possible for Apple to add 4K support when they update the Apple TV. The technology continues to evolving and 4K will eventually spread over the market.

I gave other reason about why some people need 400 mbps to transfer the file wirelessly between two computers - not related to Apple TV.

If Chevy57 wants to get wireless router with AC support, so it is up to him and it is good investment for future use. It isn't useless networking device, thorough.

Next-gen Apple TV may include built-in TV tuner. not needing Cable TV converter. Apple might also include an integrated 802.11ac wireless router in the next-gen Apple TV. This will make the streaming experience more stable for the Apple TV, as there is be no need to connect to another wireless router. Also include bluetooth interface for gaming and iDevices. I think that video streaming reduce lag and freezing in using AirPlay mirroring. May cost more than current Apple TV.

It is important to use 5 GHz for Apple TV so you can enjoy crisper HD quality and no lags.

That what I use right now to stream the movie from my MacBook Pro to Apple TV.

I really want Google Fiber over 1GB but few cities are available.

I'm really hope that they will spread over USA.

No surprise about cable companies and telephone companies are meddling over net neutrality since Google support open internet.

It is important to use 5 GHz for Apple TV so you can enjoy crisper HD quality and no lags.

That what I use right now to stream the movie from my MacBook Pro to Apple TV.

yes, I have dual-band AirPort extreme. but 5 GHz is much slower than 2.4 GHz. switched to 2.4 GHz Video lag problem apparently was solved too.

If next gen Apple TV supports 802.11ac Wi-Fi, I may buy new dual-band AirPort extreme which features simultaneous dual-band 802.11ac Wi‑Fi. That means it transmits at both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies at the same time.

yes, I have dual-band AirPort extreme. but 5 GHz is much slower than 2.4 GHz. switched to 2.4 GHz Video lag problem apparently was solved too.

If next gen Apple TV supports 802.11ac Wi-Fi, I may buy new dual-band AirPort extreme which features simultaneous dual-band 802.11ac Wi‑Fi. That means it transmits at both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies at the same time.

Airport Extreme is no good for streaming, IMO.

I prefer router with external antenna for better coverage with 5 GHz, especially ASUS router.

Even I still get strong 5 GHz coverage when come down from my room.

how far is range from your room to room?

It works in whole of our medium house when 5 GHz router is located in my room - upstair and living room is downstair, even work in all different rooms that far from my room.

ASUS router with external antenna has strong coverage.

External antenna > internal antenna

It works in whole of our medium house when 5 GHz router is located in my room - upstair and living room is downstair, even work in all different rooms that far from my room.

ASUS router with external antenna has strong coverage.

External antenna > internal antenna

Model number?

Back