Apple TV 6.0 - no caption ?

rhr

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I bought new Apple TV and upgrade 6.0,

I try Youtube , no caption that I already setup close caption is on. my PC and youtube and CC work, I copy search and put Apple TV, title and video are same AppleTV and PC, Apple TV won't snow caption, help me how turn caption?

The Apple TV doesn't support YouTube closed captioning. Most of the YouTube video subtitles are inserted by flash. Unfortunately, ios OS products don't support flash. You try Netflik or huluplus movies. You may want to submit feedback to Apple about this. Apple - Apple TV - Feedback

Mewtilation, I look all you give link, they are old 5.0 or low version

thanks, I was done feedback, wink

The Apple TV doesn't support YouTube closed captioning. Most of the YouTube video subtitles are inserted by flash. Unfortunately, ios OS products don't support flash. You try Netflik or huluplus movies. You may want to submit feedback to Apple about this. Apple - Apple TV - Feedback

I hate Apple, and refuse to buy any of their over-rated products, so I'm not sure if this article will help or not, as I have never owned one of their products. https://support.netflix.com/en/node/505

My apple TV does work with Netflix had subtitles
6a00d83451c1bb69e201539249ee99970b-800wi

http://heargear.wordpress.com/2012/11/30/netflix-apple-tv-captions/
subtitles-audiotracks.jpg

Last edited:
Do you know any another video steam with CC, please no buy / rent, i need free with CC, please?

also

I got idea, PC, Firefox add-on "Fast Download Video", I use youtube converter to .mp4 or .mpg then i test VideoLan, no work. Do you know firefox add-on youtube with CC converter to any .avi, .mpg etc.., i need test it, if VideoLan work.. then share to AppleTV for test, I had MC-TVConverter .WTV / .MSDVR to .Mpg work CC on VideoLan

I guess youtube.com with CC it is two filename maybe

Oh my god...

You seriously need check the setting and it is very easy like cakewalk.

Do you know any another video steam with CC, please no buy / rent, i need free with CC, please?

also

I got idea, PC, Firefox add-on "Fast Download Video", I use youtube converter to .mp4 or .mpg then i test VideoLan, no work. Do you know firefox add-on youtube with CC converter to any .avi, .mpg etc.., i need test it, if VideoLan work.. then share to AppleTV for test, I had MC-TVConverter .WTV / .MSDVR to .Mpg work CC on VideoLan

I guess youtube.com with CC it is two filename maybe
Automatic CC on YouTube videos is USELESS since it's a speech recognition (converting voice to text). It has too many errors so it sucks big time. Why do you want to watch YouTube videos with bad captions? :confused:

You should buy Macbook Air or Pro. Use AirPlay to stream any movies with subtitles (.srt) wirelessly from MacBook computer.

you mean PC not support AirPlay riht?
but I saw setting show "Computer" then "Home Share", I will find manual about computer/home share

You should buy Macbook Air or Pro. Use AirPlay to stream any movies with subtitles (.srt) wirelessly from MacBook computer.

you mean PC not support AirPlay riht?
but I saw setting show "Computer" then "Home Share", I will find manual about computer/home share

"Computer" is iTune account or iCloud account in your computer use Wi-Fi or wired rounter as sharing picture, video transfer to your Apple TV. That "AirPlay" use for iPhone, iPad and Macbook can mirroring to Apple TV.

"Computer" is iTune account or iCloud account in your computer use Wi-Fi or wired rounter as sharing picture, video transfer to your Apple TV. That "AirPlay" use for iPhone, iPad and Macbook can mirroring to Apple TV.

Right, of course.

Can use AirParrot which AirPlay mirror your PC's screen to your Apple TV, wirelessly. But the main cause of choppy, slow or delayed video. Not only is bandwidth a requirement, but the network must be free of interference and latency. Try free 10-day trial software.

AirParrot - AirPlay your Mac or PC's screen to Apple TV

Mewtilation, I look all you give link, they are old 5.0 or low version
You didn't read it carefully.

From Mewtilation's first link;
Enabling subtitles on Apple TV devices will require that you have Software Version 5.0 or higher installed on the device.
Do you know what "or higher" means?

But you want free movies/TV shows, no rent or buy, right?

You said;
So forget Netflix which is not free. Did you test free Hulu with CC?

Last edited:
Back