Apple sued over iOS8 storage

Maybe. Haven't you noticed that neither OneDrive nor Google+ haven't announced they have been hacked into? They did upgrade their security not that long ago, after all. Plus, Google isn't exactly a piece of cake to hack into, either.

I suppose it's because these are not very popular and attractive targets.

I suppose it's because these are not very popular and attractive targets.

Did you know that Google actually hosts a convention every year to have people try and hack into their servers? I'd say that's pretty popular itself. No one has yet succeeded getting into it, but that doesn't mean they won't try. If one does succeed, know what happens? They land a job there.

Did you know that Google actually hosts a convention every year to have people try and hack into their servers? I'd say that's pretty popular itself. No one has yet succeeded getting into it, but that doesn't mean they won't try. If one does succeed, know what happens? They land a job there.

many hackers refuse to participate in it. think about it - if you're a badass black hat hacker.... why would you expose yourself in that competition? that's like revealing yourself to the entire world and all governments/cops will know who you are.

many hackers refuse to participate in it. think about it - if you're a badass black hat hacker.... why would you expose yourself in that competition? that's like revealing yourself to the entire world and all governments/cops will know who you are.

:hmm: I don't know too much about it, to be honest. I only know they do it once a year, and that's about it. And hackers refusing to participate in it? How did they get over 100,000 people last year? Kinda surprised on that part.

:hmm: I don't know too much about it, to be honest. I only know they do it once a year, and that's about it. And hackers refusing to participate in it? How did they get over 100,000 people last year? Kinda surprised on that part.
because of $$$$$$$$$$$ reward! it's bound to attract many people of all levels including script kiddies. it doesn't cost anything to sign up so why not try? my point exactly.

many "real" badass hackers won't participate in it. and there are very few of them in the world.

because of $$$$$$$$$$$ reward! it's bound to attract many people of all levels including script kiddies. it doesn't cost anything to sign up so why not try? my point exactly.

many "real" badass hackers won't participate in it. and there are very few of them in the world.

True..... there aren't many like that. Those are the hardest to catch, since they cover their tracks so well. Aren't most of them overseas, anyways?

True..... there aren't many like that. Those are the hardest to catch, since they cover their tracks so well. Aren't most of them overseas, anyways?

maybe. maybe not.

Verizon Cloud? I would avoid it because if you change/discontinue the service... it's gone.
exactly- that's why I'm avoiding it.

I use Google Drive a little bit but mainly for throwaway stuff or stuff I know won't matter to me in the long run.

G+ I avoid- I have never heard anything good about it and at least one friend didn't like it either. G+ actually seemed rather lackluster (added: IN MY OPINION) when it was rolled out- still seems to be- I don't hear much about it at all.

Last edited:
exactly- that's why I'm avoiding it.

I use Google Drive a little bit but mainly for throwaway stuff or stuff I know won't matter to me in the long run.

G+ I avoid- I have never heard anything good about it and at least one friend didn't like it either. G+ actually seemed rather lackluster when it was rolled out- still seems to be- I don't hear much about it at all.

It's not. When I post pictures on G+, I use hashtags, which makes my pictures that I post public. Other than that, nothing else is public unless people add me, then they can view my private information. I, too, use Google Drive-- those crazy fonts are fun to work with.

It's not. When I post pictures on G+, I use hashtags, which makes my pictures that I post public. Other than that, nothing else is public unless people add me, then they can view my private information. I, too, use Google Drive-- those crazy fonts are fun to work with.
It's not- in your opinion

For me it is not something I care for so I look for or use something else that suits my needs/wants. Not everyone will like it.

I don't have an iPhone, but I am glad this is happening.

My wife uses an iPhone and she's always running out of memory.

Some things on her iPhone can't even be deleted because they either force some stuff on there that can't be deleted or can only be deleted if she does it elsewhere. :(

I don't have an iPhone, but I am glad this is happening.

My wife uses an iPhone and she's always running out of memory.

Some things on her iPhone can't even be deleted because they either force some stuff on there that can't be deleted or can only be deleted if she does it elsewhere. :(
That's one reason why I'm so annoyed at Apple. I loathe Windows (it would be worse than Apple) but I also loathe what Apple is now.

The forcing stuff "down" is typical but not being able to delete the OS or whatever they're trying to cram into us is not. Where's another choice out there - an iphone in Unix? kidding.

Back