Apple refuses to unlock San Bernardino terrorists phone for FBI investigation

yep... like I said - Peter Norton was a good-for-nothing hack. and I knew the government would be able to do it because all you gotta do is find the exploits which are already documented since it's using outdated iOS software.... which is already patched up by now. the method used for this terrorist's phone will not work on current version.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/03/28/news/companies/fbi-apple-iphone-case-cracked/index.html

Correct, the exploit is necessary to develop the jailbreak.

I guess that's the end of that drama.

I don't think it is over so FBI have to hack other suspect's iPhone too.

Like Jiro said, if suspect's iPhone is updated so FBI tool won't work.

?? I thought it said there was only ONE iphone that they couldn't get into?

Will be interesting to see what happens... there are still a few iPhone 5c out there. One relative had one but I think she upgraded, a friend does too but suspect she will be upgrading too (if she can afford it) since sweet tea spilled on it- still works but wonky lol.

The FBI could had knew all along they knew how to unlock the phone but was hoping they could bully Apple into making all their cell phones easy to unlock.

The FBI could had knew all along they knew how to unlock the phone but was hoping they could bully Apple into making all their cell phones easy to unlock.

My view is that the FBI just wanted it faster since Apple had all the code right there anyway and they are more familiar with their own products.

Should be interesting down the road to see what happens regarding phone security now that the FBI has announced they got into it

Does the FBI withhold how they got in? Hope so.....
I heard on the news Apple want he FBI to tell them how they unlocked the phone so Apple can made their phones better , I really doubt that
the FBI is going to tell Apple how they did it.

I heard on the news Apple want he FBI to tell them how they unlocked the phone so Apple can made their phones better , I really doubt that
the FBI is going to tell Apple how they did it.
Hell no, Apple won't help FBI so why does FBI tell Apple how they finally unlocked it? LOL In other words, screw Apple!

Hell no, Apple won't help FBI so why does FBI tell Apple how they finally unlocked it? LOL In other words, screw Apple!

Apple already found why - it was exploit (software or hardware).

Right and the fight for freedom against gov intrusion wi lol only intensify..

This is more then about these murderers and their phone.
Much more

What? I thought FBI finally hacked it but they didn't so they paid more than $1.3 mil to a group of hackers to unlock it. Unbelievable! What's more, they found no connection to ISIS. What a waste of money! Even though the FBI director thinks it's worth it.
This proves my point, there is NO such thing as fool proof security, FBI paid group of hackers helping them, ask yourself, who are they? They could be your neighbor for all you MIGHT know. It can be anyone, does not necessarily government or corporation involved. Are they trusting? I am sure you can figure it out on your own.

What? I thought FBI finally hacked it but they didn't so they paid more than $1.3 mil to a group of hackers to unlock it. Unbelievable! What's more, they found no connection to ISIS. What a waste of money! Even though the FBI director thinks it's worth it.

Do you agree that current federal government is ineffective and waste of money?

This proves my point, there is NO such thing as fool proof security, FBI paid group of hackers helping them, ask yourself, who are they? They could be your neighbor for all you MIGHT know. It can be anyone, does not necessarily government or corporation involved. Are they trusting? I am sure you can figure it out on your own.

FBI, ATF and DEA wasted a lot of $$$ but they enjoying their corruption for 45 years now.

Back