Anyone who wear WIDEX? (BTE Digital HAs)

yagazn

Reaction score
I'm just curious, Are you wearing WIDEX? and how you like your BTE Digital HAs? Or Is BTE Analog HAs Better?

I'm getting "WIDEX" BTE digital HAs next week. My HAs doctor said that If I don't like digital HAs then he will get me new analog HAs. I'm wearing my old analog HAs right now. I've known my HAs doctor a long time since 1999, he is one of my favorite HAs doctor, very nice man.

Last edited:
I have the Aikia model and would not swap them for anything. :aw:

Compared to my old Siemens HA's they are 100% better, I can hear much more than before but I still struggle with multiple people talking. I have also given up trying to use the phone, too many errors. Of course this is mostly me and not the HA's :aw:

Oh, I see. Interesting. Thanks for sharing your experience. I appreciate it.

I had WIDEX senso, they were my first digital HA's after 20 years of analouge, I got them in 2000 and comparing to Siemens, Oticon, Phonak and i had tests saying that WIDEX were the best HA for me. I had it for 8 years, and is probably the toughest HA i ever had as I race yachts, ride horses, Ski, and it never broke down or stopped working until it's 8th year.

I have profound deafness.

I got widex when they first came out digital. I didn't like them then... and I don't like them now when I was using it recently (I still have the same old pair) I also have my old phonak (analog) and I liked them far better. I have profound hearing loss as well.

The reason I didn't like my old widex because they filter too much background noise. But I don't know if they improve over the years or not.

senso? I don't have it right now.

edited: it look more like this:

documentviewer.aspx

I had WIDEX senso, they were my first digital HA's after 20 years of analouge, I got them in 2000 and comparing to Siemens, Oticon, Phonak and i had tests saying that WIDEX were the best HA for me. I had it for 8 years, and is probably the toughest HA i ever had as I race yachts, ride horses, Ski, and it never broke down or stopped working until it's 8th year.

I have profound deafness.

wow, first you had phonic FM like I did, I didn't know you had widex senso too. I like Phonak (the analog) better than senso though.

And a CI now!...yeah, how strange we had very similar upbringing with the HA's/FMs... I liked the Phonak superfonts (NHS supplied those) but at the time in 2000 my HA was on it's way out (constant repairs) and the NHS refused to supply me any analogue HA, as they were trying to encourage people to use digital and then the analogues would become obslete, HA hence I had tried Siemens, Oction and Phonak Digitals (even asked for CI but were turned down due to being deaf too long) but they weren't loud enough for me and I was struggling with understanding people (i was in my early 20's and were facing incredible journey of my life) so my parents got me to meet up with my very first Audiologist at PCWerth in London, who I barely remembered as I was just 3-4 years old at the time, he was the one who supplied me the Phonic ear (NHS wouldn't supply them that time) and my parents being the parents who wanted the best for their deaf kid, bought the phonic ear off them, I became one of 1st deaf child in UK to have phonic ear. He saw me again after 16 years (says he still got the picture of me with the phonic ear on the wall at the clinic! Groans!!) and said I should try widex but cannot guaratee it would work for me since I have profound deafness, the HA was more suitable for severly/profound deafness with room for adjustments. My widex was at it max but it was the very first time i heard my own voice! then a lot had improved for me, especially in environment.

Close... 30... although, I did ask again at 25 but were turned down again by different hosp but to be honest they weren't kind at all, treated me like an item on conveyer belt. So I moved to my Grandparents to be closer to my job, my new doc refered me to an ENT as I was desperate for new HA's, I thought, nah, won't mention the CI... The ENT asked me if i wanted one, my mum nearly fainted! rest is history!

my HAs doctor told me on fone that my digital HAs model is "bravo" by widex. Anyone who wear that "bravo"?.

i got em' last week friday. so, let's say you can hear far from someone walks with a high heels outside and i looked out the window to see who she is. she made a funny walk with her high heels :lol:

but for the conversation is just the same as my old analog but a little bit clear. only you can hear such as someone walking or someone drop things on floor or hear someone talking behind me far and hear them said, "soooo CUTE", they pointed out at the cute dolls.

both analog and digital are not PERFECT in my opinion, however i'm going to stay with digital HAs, i had my old analog just in case.

i got em' last week friday. so, let's say you can hear far from someone walks with a high heels outside and i looked out the window to see who she is. she made a funny walk with her high heels :lol:

but for the conversation is just the same as my old analog but a little bit clear. only you can hear such as someone walking or someone drop things on floor or hear someone talking behind me far and hear them said, "soooo CUTE", they pointed out at the cute dolls.

both analog and digital are not PERFECT in my opinion, however i'm going to stay with digital HAs, i had my old analog just in case.

true, and since I still had my old Siemens, I tried it out with my Oticon Safari and what do U know? perfect as always. *I know the Siemens dies out on me but it's still usuable!!!*

Back