anyone t1 here ?

lovezebras

Reaction score
Is anyone here type 1? I'm actually LADA (latent autoimmune diabetes). LADA is a form of type 1 and somewhat type 2 but most call it slow onset type 1 or type 1.5 ..lol

Last edited:
Wirelessly posted

My step son has been type 1 since 6. Autoimmune. He will be 18 next month.

Wirelessly posted

My step son has been type 1 since 6. Autoimmune. He will be 18 next month.

I found a really good site and good community to help with questions and such ...i've been posting there a lot which is why i've been absent here. I've learned SO much about diabetes in a month and SO much stuff I didn't know glad I found a good source of info straight from the source :)

Wirelessly posted

My son uses Humalog flex pens and Lantus solostar pens. He use to have the pump but with him being an active teenager he hated to be attached to it.

Wirelessly posted

My son uses Humalog flex pens and Lantus solostar pens. He use to have the pump but with him being an active teenager he hated to be attached to it.

I'm still waiting to see the endo-_- so no insulin for now just crazy carb counting that's not helping at all! I sometimes dislike Canadian health care despite it being "free" ...I am going to ask for the pens tho since I can't be on a pump for a year or so or else my insurance won't pay for it. After jay gonna get the animas vibe with the dexcom cgm. I'm busy and would rather change an inset every 3 days VS MDI 6 or so times a day lol

Last edited:
Being type 1 diabetic is very different than type 2.

As I understand the matter- Type 1 not enough Insulin-thus the injection is needed. While type 2 one has too much which is "converted " to "fat" rather than used as energy. The "usual medication" taken is Metformin. It just decrease Insulin combined with exercise may decrease belly fat.

All of this part of the "metabolic syndrome".

All of this should be confirmed by one's "family doctor".

Last edited:
Really no ones T1 here : ( that's sad lol

It may well be a matter of not enough information about what you want to talk about based on your subject line. "Anyone t1 here"??????????? If you had asked Anyone type 1 diabetic here? you might well have gotten more response and sooner.

It may well be a matter of not enough information about what you want to talk about based on your subject line. "Anyone t1 here"??????????? If you had asked Anyone type 1 diabetic here? you might well have gotten more response and sooner.

Chill out!! She was here longer than you do.

Back