Anyone play WoW?

KingDragon

Reaction score
Anyone of you play WoW online?

I know a lot of people who do. I don't personally. and don't see the need to play it.

Yeah. I am just curious to see who is out there play WoW. From what i hear people a lot play on this game about 200,000

I don't. I do have a few friends who play it like crazy. They're so obsessed with it that they choose WoW over other things.

I had a friend who played all summer. He told me to visit him at his house during the summer so we could do something. So, I did. I ended up doing things with his roommate while he sat at his computer all day and night playing WoW. Heh!

My college advisor was a Level 60 priest in WoW once. ;)

Oh me me!!
Hahaha I love WoW!!
I play.
I just started a few weeks ago though.

Im a night elf: Brittknee is my name.

Teheehee its addictive!! O___O!!

Yup. Most of my characters are on Silver Hand server. I've got one of just about everything but my main is a level 70 druid.

I also play, although I'm on a bit of a hiatus from that particular game. I don't have as much time to play anymore, so I had to narrow down the number of games that I'm playing.

Currently, I'm playing Everquest II, City of Heroes/Villains, and Dark Age of Camelot. :) Sporadically, though. Real life rears its ugly head far too often these days! :pissed:

I just got back into COH myself recently, although not that frequently. It's been great fun taking my 50 scrapper out for a spin with the new missions in the Rikti War Zone.

Website??? Pay for member??
The website is basically the name of the game...

World of Warcraft Community Site

Yes, there are monthly fees for membership.

If you're asking if the website is the game... no, it is not. It's an actual game that you buy from the store and install on your computer. After you install it, you contact Blizzard and order your membership through them. Once your account is set up, you pay monthly until you decide to end your membership.

At the beginning, you basically create a character. There's height, weight, gender, hair color, race, armor, weapons, position, etc.

For instance, there are elves, humans, orcs, undead, etc for race. Each race has different strengths and weaknesses. Humans are average. Undead are harder to kill. Elves have mystical powers. Orcs are ruthless. Etc... etc...

The expansion pack opens up more races, something like blood elves and more.

The website is basically the name of the game...

World of Warcraft Community Site

Yes, there are monthly fees for membership.

If you're asking if the website is the game... no, it is not. It's an actual game that you buy from the store and install on your computer. After you install it, you contact Blizzard and order your membership through them. Once your account is set up, you pay monthly until you decide to end your membership.

At the beginning, you basically create a character. There's height, weight, gender, hair color, race, armor, weapons, position, etc.

For instance, there are elves, humans, orcs, undead, etc for race. Each race has different strengths and weaknesses. Humans are average. Undead are harder to kill. Elves have mystical powers. Orcs are ruthless. Etc... etc...

The expansion pack opens up more races, something like blood elves and more.

You mean to need to buying a CD game for install then plus pay member of a website too?? :)

Yes... You buy the game.
Thats $19.99

And then every month after your first month...
You pay $15.00

Its ridiculous... I don't know why I play it.

Its like buying the game all over again every month.

Yes... You buy the game.
Thats $19.99

And then every month after your first month...
You pay $15.00

Its ridiculous... I don't know why I play it.

Its like buying the game all over again every month.

I've thought that once or twice over the years... and then I think... "You know, going to the movies ONCE, and getting pop corn while I'm there is just about the same price as an entire MONTH's subscription.

Basically, it's a $0.50/day habit. I can live with that. :)

I've thought that once or twice over the years... and then I think... "You know, going to the movies ONCE, and getting pop corn while I'm there is just about the same price as an entire MONTH's subscription.

Basically, it's a $0.50/day habit. I can live with that. :)
I would rather they have yearly fees instead of monthly fees cuz those are usually better deals.

For instance, Xbox Live is $7.99 a month, $19.99 for 3 months, and $49.99 for a year. With Xbox Live, you can play any game online anytime.

That was one of the big complaints for EA. They charge monthly per game. That means, if you wanted to play 3 games online, you have to pay each month for all 3 games. It would be better if they set up one fee for any game by EA.

I would rather they have yearly fees instead of monthly fees cuz those are usually better deals.

For instance, Xbox Live is $7.99 a month, $19.99 for 3 months, and $49.99 for a year. With Xbox Live, you can play any game online anytime.

That was one of the big complaints for EA. They charge monthly per game. That means, if you wanted to play 3 games online, you have to pay each month for all 3 games. It would be better if they set up one fee for any game by EA.

Actually, most of the MMOs that I play DO offer their players the ability to pay for multiple months at once, usually for reduced rates.

World of Warcraft, for example, has this pricing scheme:
$14.99 per month, 1 month at a time
$41.97/3 months (or $13.99/month)
$77.94/6 months (or $12.99/month)

And some companies, like Sony Online Entertainment (who does Everquest, Everquest 2, etc.) offers a subscription to each game individually (usually for around $15/month).... OR, you can purchase a Station Access subscription for $29.99/month, and have access to Everquest 1, Everquest 2, Vanguard, The Matrix Online, Planetside, Star Wars Galaxies, and one or two others. It's a fantastic deal!

Also, for your monthly fee you are getting continual customer support, patches, fixes, changes, etc. (WoW just added a new patch including support for making movies on the Mac among many many other changes, and City of Heroes has free "expansions" a couple of times a year.)

It's not like buying Bioshock and having to pay $15 a month to play it. MMOs are a different kind of game especially as there is no real end to them, except for when you decide you don't want to play anymore!

Back