Anyone Having Apple Maverick Upgrade Problems

seb

Reaction score
We installed the new upgrade for Apple's Maverick operating system on 7/5/14 and immediately after the install the computer would not wake up after going to sleep and would have to be shut down and restarted. The following week saw the computer slow down and then by 7/10/14 all the on screen icons were gone and nothing would bring them back. Went to the Apple store to see a "Genius" and his diagnosis was it was a software problem and re install the Maverick upgrade and all would be well. Did what I was told would fix the problem and it didn't work and within less than a week the computer was as it was on 7/10, with no icons, so back to Apple and they said to strip the hard drive and start over, so we have done that and it's working a little better,but it still won't wake up from it's sleep and I'm waiting for the other demons to reappear. So my question is, are any of you Mac users experiencing any of these problem's and if so which ones?

My dad had issues with the Maverick install I think end of June maybe - it's been a while. I don't remember everything he said but he did say that a lot of the text was teeeeny tiny and he could not fix it (or find a way to at least). I do know it screwed up the wireless settings for the printer so I had to re do that.

He rolled back to his original settings- he didn't like Maverick much. Don't know what my brother's feelings are on it or my niece's (both have either a desktop or laptop from Apple).

Back