Anyone have or use a 3-D printer?

I like the owl the best!

First heard about this technology from an espiode on Greys Anatomy. Interesting stuff! Would not know where to start

First heard about this technology from an espiode on Greys Anatomy. Interesting stuff! Would not know where to start

You can buy 3D printers from major suppliers like Amazon, etc, but keep in mind a 3D printer can have a base cost of $700. Then you would have to buy plastic filament to print the 3D models.

How much did it cost for you for those pieces?

It generally depends on the size. The owl cost $7. The tiger cost $8. The wrench cost $8. The fox cost $8. The lion cost $10.

When I want a model printed, I can dictate the size. So the bigger I want it to be, the more it'll cost.

Thread merged. :)

Thanks, Calvin. :ty:

Is it just cheaper to buy a molded product vs 3d print

Perhaps in the short run, but definitely, not in the long run! With a 3D printer, it is much faster to produce something and in large quantities. Also, by using a 3D printer, it'll be much cleaner and you can easily configure how big you want a certain model to be printed.

Also, one enormous benefit of using a 3D printer is that human error can be greatly reduced! This is why many industries are turning to 3D printing.

Perhaps in the short run, but definitely, not in the long run! With a 3D printer, it is much faster to produce something and in large quantities. Also, by using a 3D printer, it'll be much cleaner and you can easily configure how big you want a certain model to be printed.

Also, one enormous benefit of using a 3D printer is that human error can be greatly reduced! This is why many industries are turning to 3D printing.
But how many animal models does one need? :lol:

But how many animal models does one need? :lol:

A child could want many different toy animals to play with, hence, the possibility of one wanting to obtain many different 3D animal models to print.

Also, companies that make animal toys can benefit greatly by using a 3D printer to easily mass produce animal toys of different sizes, colors, etc.

A child could want many different toy animals to play with, hence, the possibility of one wanting to obtain many different 3D animal models to print.

Also, companies that make animal toys can benefit greatly by using a 3D printer to easily mass produce animal toys of different sizes, colors, etc.

I can see the appeal. My only concern at this time if a child is playing with safe product and also if it's made in China vs US.

I can see the appeal. My only concern at this time if a child is playing with safe product and also if it's made in China vs US.

With 3D printers available, it will make it easier for American companies to print their products in the USA! This will eliminate the need for cheap labor in other countries!

Did you know you can make a real gun with 3D printer and it really shoots live ammo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DconsfGsXyA

Yes, I've read articles about this. Of course, this is not too surprising because people will abuse technology one way or another! Computers were invented to help simplify life, but I am sure when the creators created the first computers in the 70s and 80s, they had no idea in the future there would be spam, malicious software, online phishing, and so on.

Well 3D technology can be great making body parts that needs to be replaced like getting a new liver,New Kidney or even a new heart.

Back